Question Trimmed Wii won’t boot

Stitches

2 and a Half Dollarydoos
Staff member
Portables
Can you supply a close up of your PMS and USB-C PD?

Portables
Do you think there might be a problem with my USB-C or PMS board? Also I have a question about the LDO, why is it something that needs to be removed in order to use the RVL-PMS if it already supplies 1.8v to the board? When I was removing it from the board I didn’t use a hot air station, so I had to put my soldering iron on the board for a long period of time for it to come off. I think this might have potentially damaged my board in the process.

Hey mate, you might want to shorten every Blue wire you've got running there. Each wire is showing a bit too much copper and could be causing a potential short. Desolder those wires, cut a few millimeters off of them, and resolder them back to their respective pads. You only need a fraction of copper to be attached to the pads for it to form a reliable connection.
You also might want to touch up a few solder joints on both boards, don't mean to be rude, but those joints do look a little on the colder side.

1618294602790.png
Can you differentiate the layers with your Eyes, if not sand it more(at a angle)
1618294613587.png
there might be a short