Question Trimmed Wii won’t boot

Gi0V1Z

Hi everyone, I’m testing the trim of my Wii and it won’t boot, I double checked almost everything.
The CPU and the GPU heat up when I turn the system on, also the fan starts spinning, so I guess my USB-C and my PMS are fine, I also see the files in the USB drive when I plug it in my laptop.
I tried wiring the Wi-Fi module because I selected to not patch out the Wi-Fi module, with the same bad result.
I also tried to solder the traces I accidentally scratched, same result.
Everything I soldered is not shorted, I tested with the multimeter.
I really don’t know what could be the problem, need help

Attachments

Last edited:

cheese

the tallest memer in town
Staff member
Couple things I see, you don't appear to have ground wired in the second picture, you need ground connected between the wii and pms.

Second, the wires you put in the last picture you should remove, those are length sensitive, and the traces (visually) look like they're still fine. If they aren't connected (when testing with a multimeter) it would be better to just replace the board.

Finally, the wifi wiring is also length sensitive, each wire needs to be the same length. Wifi is a particularly difficult relocation, and you should get at least some video from the wii without it.

Gi0V1Z

Thank you cheese, I’ll remove the wires under the CPU and also the wi-fi, because I tested with my other wii that even with no-wifi patches the wii still boot.
The ground wire is the black one on the 3.3V, in couple with the red one.