Question Trim Not Booting/Weird USB Shenanigans

Saix

Well, just like the title says my trim isn't booting. The cpu and gpu both heat up slowly. The board worked just fine before the trim, and I have checked all of the regs multiple times. U10 is wired up with the trace cut and is receiving power. Nothing happens for a bit when I turn the power on, and then after ~20 seconds the flash drive will turn solid blue. Probably not a very scientific/conclusive test but I plugged the flash drive into a PC and it seems fine. I'm getting a solid blue screen on the crt. Is there something super obvious that I'm overlooking? There's a picture below. Thanks!
IMG_20170328_172240.jpg

ShockSlayer

the real
Portables
please do not ask!!!! I will NOT respond
Wire up a reset button and hold it when powering on the Wii. If you still don't get video, then it's probably not a USB issue.

cheese

the tallest memer in town
Staff member
Got a picture of the bottom of the board? That may show an issue we can't see from the top.

Saix

Wire up a reset button and hold it when powering on the Wii. If you still don't get video, then it's probably not a USB issue.
No dice. Wired one up and didn't get anything again. I think I managed to take a step back somehow actually; the flash drive doesn't light up at all since I wired it.
Got a picture of the bottom of the board? That may show an issue we can't see from the top.
Posting a picture of the bottom didn't occur to me, my b
IMG_20170328_231221.jpg

ShockSlayer

the real
Portables
please do not ask!!!! I will NOT respond
Unrelated probably, but you can remove these:

and this spot could maybe use a little cleanup:

Aside from that, check that each line is outputting the correct voltage.

Dumb questions:
Have you installed PortablizeMii?
Have you verified that your AV cable is ok?

That's all I can think of for now.

Saix

Unrelated probably, but you can remove these:

and this spot could maybe use a little cleanup:

Aside from that, check that each line is outputting the correct voltage.

Dumb questions:
Have you installed PortablizeMii?
Have you verified that your AV cable is ok?

That's all I can think of for now.
Spots removed and cleaned. Haha yeah portablizemii was installed and the av cable is fine. At the board I'm getting 4.99, 3.289, 1.124, and .971 volts respectively; maybe these just aren't close enough to the required voltage? U10 is getting 3.263. Also in the spot you recommended I clean up, those 6 filters can just be removed right?

cheese

the tallest memer in town
Staff member
The 1v and 1.15v seem a little low, but 3.3v and 5v should be fine. As for the filters, you can just remove them.