Discussion Touch Screen Wii’s

I’ve had a hard time finding any info on touch screen Wii handhelds and thought it would be useful to have a thread!

If you have any questions or any information on such a project, let us know!

I thought if there was a way to half decently incorporate such a feature into handhelds without too much difficulty and let people know, it would be a good way to use the Wii pointer with having to actually use the Wii remote.

StonedEdge

a.k.a. ClonedEdge
Portables
I thought if there was a way to half decently incorporate such a feature into handhelds without too much difficulty and let people know, it would be a good way to use the Wii pointer with having to actually use the Wii remote.
The Wii pointer is already mapped in GC2Wiimote, so I really don’t see the point of a touchscreen anymore except novelty factor. You can check out how JacksonS did it with a IR camera emulator. Aurelio also had it working at some point with direct drive as well. If I remember correctly, he used an i2c touchscreen driver wired directly to the Wii and its input were then mapped to the IR camera. However, most people don’t integrate it into their builds because it’s not that useful anymore