Worklog "Tool64" my first Portable ever!!!

Oh okay nice. So I should be good to go then :)?

With the two wires that go to the switch not being wired up.. would it be okay to plug in and charge the batteries as is? I wanted to see if I could charge the batteries up in preparation of testing the n64 with the switch.

most of the times a cap blows when you supply too much voltage or it is wired backwards... shows a 16VDC capacitor and i also am seeing a 25.2VDC power supply. what was the voltage were you supplying stright to the pth08080?

most of the times a cap blows when you supply too much voltage or it is wired backwards... shows a 16VDC capacitor and i also am seeing a 25.2VDC power supply. what was the voltage were you supplying stright to the pth08080?
Dang.... Okay so I blew it then. Because it was 25.2VDC going to the 16V capacitor. I just have it wired per the diagram above. But didn't realize the charger was too strong :(

find yourself a power supply of 9-16VDC with at least 1A output (heard it has to be at least that to make the red board work). Hook up the charger to the red board and then the output of the red board to the switch then to the PTH08080 and verify the voltage before hooking them up to the n64

Thank you! I have a 5V power supply! I think that would work for the batteries right? I see a green light with the red board now instead of red and green light. So I think the 5V is charging the batteries good :). I'll try to find a 9-12V power supply too though!

Okay so I got everything wired as @cheese suggested. Here is my charger that says output of 12V. I should be good now with the resistor being 15V right? Am I good to plug this thing into the wall now lol? I got the switch set to OFF as well. That way it doesn't fry my N64 board.

Attachments

that is a half an amp charger, im not sure how well it will charge your batteries, but it is definitely not strong enough for charge and play. i would unhook from the board and verify the voltages before connecting them up to the board. but it does seem to be correct...

I get 6.8V from n64 to the charging port. I also checked without the n64 board before hand. Should I order a better charger :)?

Your batteries are on the low side so they need to charge lol and yeah a stronger charger is needed, you can get a 12v 3a charger for cheap like less then $5 or on Craigslist or OfferUp has people getting rid of boxes of cords and chargers... but sounds like you are ready to attach a screen on there and make sure your trim works

Your batteries are on the low side so they need to charge lol and yeah a stronger charger is needed, you can get a 12v 3a charger for cheap like less then $5 or on Craigslist or OfferUp has people getting rid of boxes of cords and chargers... but sounds like you are ready to attach a screen on there and make sure your trim works
Oh okay cool deal :), I'll try to find one! And yes I'll try to test on a TV after. The charging board shows flashing green so it might be good enough to test but I'll wait for a charger :)

Okay so I have my new charger but the only issue now is that my BMS is staying green but also has a flashing red light. Why is that? Does flashing red mean it's not working or something is wrong? Tested for about a minute or so.

Also something interesting I noticed that after charging I tested with a multimeter and now the batteries at the board end B+ and B- show 7.05 and not 6.8 or around 6.8 like it used to. Overcharging the batteries?

Attachments

So I should be good :)? Just might need to charge to make the flashing red go away?

if it is charging correctly, it could be just that it is a cheap board and leds dont respond how they are supposed to... others on here have the same problem but it charges the batteries fine

It's not pretty... But let's see if we get some video out of this board! Lol

Edit:
Tested to make sure all connections were good with multimeter. Also verified I was getting the voltage of the batteries (7.5 or so) and I get 3.25V as well on the board. Still..
No video :(...

Any ideas why? :(

Attachments

Last edited: