time4ghosts (bought to you by Bitbuilt LLC) Community Event

Doom

Modelrater
Estmemed Member
Portables
Always 1/2
ghosts4bb.png

Do you have an old project collecting dust? In pieces in your closet? Taking up space on your workbench. Why not finish it up in this years Ghosts of Portables Past Event, exclusively here on Bitbuilt all month long!

The 4th Annual Ghosts of Portables Past Event is a community event structured around finishing old projects and portables that have been neglected for too long. As the outside turns bleak and dreary, what better time to bring a project back into the land of the living. Not necessarily a contest and more of a community wide spring cleaning pre-hiberation ritual, yet there is potential monetary gain, other than uncursing your workbench. Assemble a quick idol as we lay down some rules:

• The Project you wish to continue must be at least a year old from it’s original worklog creation date, with at least six months elapsed from the last update. Doesn't make sense to resurrect something you worked on last week.
  • A Worklog showing the original creation date of the project and continuing updates should be available, posted at any site. If your worklog was posted on the defunct Bacman forum, we have full backups to confirm the original project details. You need not to worry about dead pictures, this is just a qualifier for the project dates.
  • Make a new worklog (or bump the old one if the project is posted here) and add GHOSTS in the title (Maybe Noah will kindly make a subforum for this ayy lmao). All new updates must include a note stating your username, noting the Ghost of Portables Past, and featuring the Secret Code Word of 3SPOOPY5ME in all picture updates.
  • For the first post, the project name, old worklog link, starting date, and last update should be listed. A brief summary of the project so far (to the best of your ability if old pictures are lost) of where you left off and why should be in the first post, with the continuation of the project starting on post 2.
  • Project completion date to be between October 1st thru October 31st 2017 11:59 Central Time to qualify.
  • Project must be entirely yours; any outsourced commission work of any part can still be done for the event but will be ineligible for prizes.
If you finish your project, a special Bitbuilt Featured Article will be posted on the front page, a random game and/or item for the portable you completed will be sent to you (International competitors may need to help in the cost of shipping depending on the location), and a special Ghosts of Portables Past Badge will be given to you on the Bitbuilt forums.

Beware the Ghosts of Portables Past.

Last edited:

Doom

Modelrater
Estmemed Member
Portables
Always 1/2
Also, Please post the project you wish to continue here to make sure it qualifies (but really so it'll be easier for me to keep track of them all lol).

Portables

Doom

Modelrater
Estmemed Member
Portables
Always 1/2
s'all good, you're currently the only one participating so ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

cfc_12

Portables
can i join even if i started on april?

i did not have a worklog back then on bacman forums as i was just asking through pm's

GingerOfOz

no wario
Staff member
2020 2nd Place Winner
2022 3rd Place Winner
Portables
just so many i am so cool
The Project you wish to continue must be at least a year old from it’s original worklog creation date, with at least six months elapsed from the last update. Doesn't make sense to resurrect something you worked on last week.
You've worked on it in the past 6 months, so probably noSpoopy4u

Doom

Modelrater
Estmemed Member
Portables
Always 1/2
The project oldness can be fudged if you don't have anything else. The date last worked on is the important one really.

fibbef

Wizardry V Completer
Afraid my only current work in progress isn't old enough. Not that I would have enough time to work on it this month anyway...

Doom

Modelrater
Estmemed Member
Portables
Always 1/2
Afraid my only current work in progress isn't old enough. Not that I would have enough time to work on it this month anyway...
fibs jr is more than one year old js

JoJo

Although my project is well over a year old, I only recently started up a worklog for it. I've also been working on it the last couple of weeks, so it's more of an independent resurrection that happened to line up. Whatchu guys and ghouls think? Still eligible?

https://bitbuilt.net/forums/index.php?threads/phoenix-64.1654/

EDIT: Okay so I realized it wouldn't be fair to other participants by me having such a recent head start, so instead, I'll be casually participating on my own. I really just like the idea of this event and wanna take part, lol. Good luck to all!

Last edited: