Question this batteries will be fine for my portable?

long time no see guys. im very busy with work and my another project (console collection :p).

im looking for the proper batteries to my gcp and i found this.but I don't know if this batteriers are fine to my portable.

the thinks i now is
-audio has 2x 5v(paralell) 1.5a
-screen has 7v 2.5a

please help me (:

ShockSlayer

the real
Portables
please do not ask!!!! I will NOT respond
WELCOME BACK PANCHUFLENKS

Do you have a link to the batteries?

but how many hours I'll get with this batteries?
Depends on your load and efficiency of your regulators. Everything from the audio amp, screen + backlight, motherboard, controller, all take power.

If you can calculate your draw from all these things you can find how many hours the batteries will last.

Gman

RTFDS
Staff member

ByteMe

Now if only these shipped to Canada :(
Yeah, was just thinking the same thing. I found a similar model from what looks like a reliable seller, good reviews and ships out of the US, shipping is only $10. These ones are protected though so are a little taller.

Last edited:

cheese

the tallest memer in town
Staff member
Now if only these shipped to Canada :(
I would offer, as this store is so close to me, however, USPS forbids shipping batteries outside of their intended housing internationally (as stated in their policy here). That's probably why they don't ship to Canada as well...

These ones are protected though so are a little taller.
Actually, they're not. In the description it says there is no protection circuit. In fact, they're actually the exact same model as the US only ones above (18650 size, model MH12210).

ByteMe

Yeah that seems to be the reoccurring issue, to get around that majority of places ship straight out of china, less restrictions. Thanks for pointing that out, even better! I probably should've checked a bit more throughly, just read one review saying that they were protected.

Axman

Just wondering, I don't know much about batteries in general. But when it comes to protection circuits how much does it matter which ones you get for your specific batteries? And are there ones designed specifically for 2, 4?

ByteMe

Just wondering, I don't know much about batteries in general. But when it comes to protection circuits how much does it matter which ones you get for your specific batteries? And are there ones designed specifically for 2, 4?
You have to get a protection circuit that corresponds with the voltage of your pack. Since a li-ion cell is 3.7v you would need a 7.4v protection circuit if you have two cells in series, and a 14.8v circuit for 4 cells in series.