Discussion Thin Shoulder Button Solutions

Madmorda

Painting Queen
Portables
In my tiny gc controller, I actually embedded one of the tacts inside of the shoulder buttons. Would that help?

These guys are an incredibly small and flat dual tact button. Some quick Google-Fu makes it seem like they no longer exist. If you cannot locate a source, I have a few. I think I purchased 10 of them about two years ago not knowing just how small they would be and have yet to use them. They are yours if you want them.

Last edited:

Stitches

2 and a Half Dollarydoos
Staff member
Portables
These guys are an incredibly small and flat dual tact button. Some quick Google-Fu makes it seem like they no longer exist. If you cannot locate a source, I have a few. I think I purchased 10 of them about two years ago not knowing just how small they would be and have yet to use them. They are yours if you want them.
Just be aware that tacts like those use a common ground rail and won't work with a GC+ without some transistor magic, or custom firmware.

I'm looking for a thin solution for shoulder buttons (using dual tact). How have you handled shoulder buttons in your case?
I haven't made it them yet but my idea was to have the the two tacts next to each other not behind each other with one squishy a bit closer for the slide and the other tact a bit farther away than the other for the click. Idk if that would work or if someone already did that

Portables
Last edited: