Worklog TheSaltyMemes' PS2GO

Hello Everyone, I hope all is well. I have been on this website for months now learning a lot about console modifications and other ideas people have discussed with their own projects. Early on I wanted to make a portable PS2 that could fit in a PSP, but that dream has changed. Now I want to make a portable PS2 that LOOKS LIKE a PSP. I have some knowledge of PS2 trimming and such from observing others make their own Portable PS2s and the electronics videos, and with a little time I can learn the common sense of this field(which I heavily lack XD). I have a list of specifications I want for this console to live up to that dream but I do not know of any reliable pieces of hardware that could fill the shoes for my desires. Here is what I have so far and what I need:

Have:
1). PS2 Slim Model 79001
* USING ADVANCED TRIM METHOD(it offers more room within console and better specs overall imo)
- In the images below, Console is outlined for trimming, areas marked in red will be removed

Need:
1). Screen with a size of 6.2 inch width(screen would be exact size of the switch screen, but as for specifics I'm not sure what would be best)
2). FreeMCboot & ps2LOADER( I will buy later on)
3). Cooling fan ( Not sure if i need it but it would make me feel more comfortable knowing the system wont over heat even with a heat sync)
4). Rechargeable Battery(There are a lot online but I'm not sure which is the best to use for this project given the other hardware)
5) .USB ports for charging (I assume it would come with the battery but just incase it doesn't)
*6).Speakers(I dont see people talk about these as much which gives ne no prior knowledge of it)

For now, this is what I need for the project, I excluded voltage regulators as I wanted to make a separate post regarding them. I am hoping that people can use this post for their own portable PS2s and don't know what to buy, For what is in blue, I was wondering if anyone had any recommendations for these pieces of hardware. I appreciate any help, opinion or advice I can get, Thank you and have a good day

Attachments

Hello everyone! I have finally managed to trim my PS2 board and damn it looks good... not gonna lie I had some major trouble DE soldering some of the bigger parts( not sure why; still figuring it out) but either way it looks GOOD.I have the 5 voltage regulators I bought from amazon coming in son. Now I got to find a good Battery and screen as well as their corresponding Boards to make them compatible with the main pS2 PCB and the regulators. I will keep you all posed as I continue on this endeavor. Hope you all have a fantastic day!

Attachments