Worklog There still a light………

Jpin

Hi guys, after several attempts without success that includes 3 PMS lite and 3 Wii’s fried and taking a long break from portables I tought live is not just portables, lest distract from portables playing some AOE2 doing some 3dprints but at the end of the day I was still thinking about PORTABLES... how to make it work and what else to read to make it happen and the most important if it was worth it. So…. I found that im not going to be in peace until I finish this project that I have started a year ago most likely.

So here I am back on track and with a bit of hope that I can make it, let’s do this……

I just find out that 4Layers is short of everything, so I have to do this portable with customs regulators and try to use the PMS-PD, Uamp and GC+2 that I have from previous attempts.

Here is me progress so far.

First of all U10 relocation and then customs regulators

U10 relocation.jpg

I used the PTH08080 with 2 100uf capacitors on each regulator and here is the table of resistors.
1v = 75k
1.15v = 30k
3.3v = 2k
5v = 360
Regs to Board.jpg

After checking the right voltage from each regulator I did the first composite test using the tv wich I find more practical in order to have a few wires connected to the board and figure out any problem if find any, fortunately was smooth and work.
Composite to tv test.jpg

I don’t know much about how to use the regulators in terms of wire couse i was more focus on the PMS lite before but with a bit of @Gmans help I did wired the screen to the WII board and did the test with it wich ended up just fine.
Board to screen.jpg

Composite to screen test.jpg

Time to test the USB using the 4Layers PD and that will be my work for this week, for sure must be one of my best weeks cause everything is going smooth.
5vlts reg to USB PD.jpg

USB test.jpg

Its working can’t believe it, next step have to clarify some doubts and continue.

I have connected the 5v, D-, D+ and GND direct to the USB at the back of the PCB to make it worked. So, I don’t know if connecting the 3v to the PD will allow me to use the on, off button (I don’t think so), charger the batteries with the USB-C port that it has, or I have to do the same as I did with the USB wire them separately? And is there any risk wiring 5v and 3v at the same time on the same PCB this case PMS PD?

Can I take the Uamp and GC+2 3v from the wii or it has to be from the 3v regulator?

Thanks for reading and help

Stitches

2 and a Half Dollarydoos
Staff member
Portables
Hi guys, after several attempts without success that includes 3 PMS lite and 3 Wii’s fried and taking a long break from portables I tought live is not just portables, lest distract from portables playing some AOE2 doing some 3dprints but at the end of the day I was still thinking about PORTABLES... how to make it work and what else to read to make it happen and the most important if it was worth it. So…. I found that im not going to be in peace until I finish this project that I have started a year ago most likely.

So here I am back on track and with a bit of hope that I can make it, let’s do this……

I just find out that 4Layers is short of everything, so I have to do this portable with customs regulators and try to use the PMS-PD, Uamp and GC+2 that I have from previous attempts.

Here is me progress so far.

First of all U10 relocation and then customs regulators

View attachment 24131
I used the PTH08080 with 2 100uf capacitors on each regulator and here is the table of resistors.
1v = 75k
1.15v = 30k
3.3v = 2k
5v = 360
View attachment 24125

After checking the right voltage from each regulator I did the first composite test using the tv wich I find more practical in order to have a few wires connected to the board and figure out any problem if find any, fortunately was smooth and work.
View attachment 24126
I don’t know much about how to use the regulators in terms of wire couse i was more focus on the PMS lite before but with a bit of @Gmans help I did wired the screen to the WII board and did the test with it wich ended up just fine.
View attachment 24127
View attachment 24128
Time to test the USB using the 4Layers PD and that will be my work for this week, for sure must be one of my best weeks cause everything is going smooth.
View attachment 24129
View attachment 24130
Its working can’t believe it, next step have to clarify some doubts and continue.

I have connected the 5v, D-, D+ and GND direct to the USB at the back of the PCB to make it worked. So, I don’t know if connecting the 3v to the PD will allow me to use the on, off button (I don’t think so), charger the batteries with the USB-C port that it has, or I have to do the same as I did with the USB wire them separately? And is there any risk wiring 5v and 3v at the same time on the same PCB this case PMS PD?

Can I take the Uamp and GC+2 3v from the wii or it has to be from the 3v regulator?

Thanks for reading and help
You can't use the button on the PD to power on/off the system without a PMS. You'll need to use a latching switch on the B+ wire for that.

You can power the U-Amp and any other peripherals from the Wii no issues. It doesn't really matter where along the voltage line you draw from, so just use whichever is most convenient.

Jpin

You can't use the button on the PD to power on/off the system without a PMS. You'll need to use a latching switch on the B+ wire for that.

You can power the U-Amp and any other peripherals from the Wii no issues. It doesn't really matter where along the voltage line you draw from, so just use whichever is most convenient.
Great, @Stitches thanks for the help I just find about the switch on the regulators guide.

Here is another doubt, since i have to use the batteries on series to get the 7.4v needed by the CRegs. Is the Amperage also need to be fix at 2500mAh or can I use this configuration on the batteries 2S, 2P so ill get the 7.4v but can increase a bit the amperage to get more time on the batteries?

And if so, is this BMS good for that configuration?
BMS.png

Thanks

Stitches

2 and a Half Dollarydoos
Staff member
Portables
Great, @Stitches thanks for the help I just find about the switch on the regulators guide.

Here is another doubt, since i have to use the batteries on series to get the 7.4v needed by the CRegs. Is the Amperage also need to be fix at 2500mAh or can I use this configuration on the batteries 2S, 2P so ill get the 7.4v but can increase a bit the amperage to get more time on the batteries?

And if so, is this BMS good for that configuration?
View attachment 24144

Thanks
No, that's a 4S protection PCB for 16.8v. You need a 2S PCB for 8.4v.

And you can run as many cells as you want in even pairs

Jpin

Hi guys, here is an update of my progress so far.

@honigbrai thanks for the 2s CMBS link I just ordered 2 of them, so I was planning on the S2P2 config on the batteries, here is a pic so you guys can check and if see something wrong please let me know before I start some fire here. Im still waiting for the CMBS to arrive to finish the wiring but for the moment this is what I have.
Batteries conf.jpg

This is how im planning to wire the batteries to this cmbs.
CMBS.jpg

On the other hand, I just finish wiring the Uamp and part of the GC2+, tomorrow I’ll be testing those after wiring them to the other half of the Wii. This is how is looking. not bad, I guess.
Front interior.jpg

Front case.jpg

Thanks for reading and ill keep you guys post on my progress.

Jpin

Hi guys, here is a quick update on the Cregs louii.

Ok so finally the 2s CMBS has arrive so here are some picks of the wiring and some mods on the case that I had to do, because using the Cregs doesn’t allow me to use de 4layers PD. So I had to open a hole for the USB and the on-off switch. At this point everything is looking good
20220828_162718.jpg

I did use a spot welder for the batteries and the configuration is S2P2, on the on-off switch i got the two positions rocket 3Amps-250V, USB C is a decided to use a 9vlts PD module to charge the batteries and USBA an adapter small enough to fit over the USBC, that's all for the moment.

Question, if anybody can help me out would be great.

On the CMBS i have connect negative and positive and from that point one wire goes to BM, it would make any difference connecting negative and positive direct to BM? here is a picture of the CMBS diagram
cmbs DIAGRAM.jpg

Thanks for reading

Jpin

Hi guys here is a quick update on my work.

So, I was waiting for the CMBS to arrive and finally it did, so I have wire the CMBS to the batteries, Custom regs, ON/OFF switch and the USBC then I did the test and it worked. Finally I just finish to wire the fan and put all together inside the case and did the test guess what…….. is working fan spinning and video working good. Here some pics

Board on case.jpg

Board test.jpg

Last was to try the USBC charger with the CMBS and it seems to be working, I had some up and downs on the amp indicator while charging the batteries don’t know if this is normal, at the end the led turn green so hope the batteries are fully charge, next step VGA, USB and wire the other half of the Wii.
Charger test.jpg

charger test2.jpg

Thanks for reading any advice is welcome.

Stitches

2 and a Half Dollarydoos
Staff member
Portables
Looking good my dude!

Jpin

Hi guys here’s an update on my CRLOUII,

So, I have wired the controls but it took me a lot of time to make them work, finally with @Aurelio’s help we could manage to find the issue and work it out, he really helped me on this task I was getting crazy so here are some pics of the wiring, at the end I test them and worked properly.
Controls wiring.jpg

Then I repatched the RVL to set the VGA and did the wire, guess what……. It worked fuck…. Yeah!!!!!!!
VGA.jpg

To finish todays work I finally set the MX chip wich was smooth so here we go almost done
MX.jpg

Main board.jpg

Thanks a lot @Aurelio you are the man…

Thanks for reading

Jpin

Here we go guys almost there on the CRLouiii

So, I have wired both sides of the Louiii, the only thing left is the LED im still waiting for a part to arrive, im trying to test some wii games but im having this issue now. Been doing a lot of work trying to figurate out how to solve it but without success.

-I have format the SD card with Guiformat Fat32/ 32closter

-I have change the SD card size from 128 to 64gb

-I have format the SD card download the RVLoader 1.6 and then on safe mode run the installer

-I have try different versions 1.6,1.5,1.4 and 1.3 all same result

-I have change the USB port to a new one thinking that maybe is a malfunction of the component

Don’t know what else I can do to solve this issue, here are some pics
SD cards.jpg
Test.jpg
Adapter.jpg

It boots fine but it takes a while on this screen.

RVloader loading.jpg

helppppp!!!!!!

Stitches

2 and a Half Dollarydoos
Staff member
Portables
Are you certain those are legit Sandisk cards?

Jpin

Hi guys here is the last updated of the CRLouii.

Regarding the SD cards something came up and the wii stop booting, I think a piece of wire is inside the U10 via and I can't manage to take it out so it was botting intermittent but suddenly stopped. New wii new try LOL

I manage to finish the CRLouii this time, after 7 months of try and error and alot of learning about portables I can say I finish my first one and can't wait to start the new one, didn't think it was going to be that fun and difficult i must say couse at the first i tought was going to be a peace of cake but i had a big nooo...I really enjoy to start beaing part of this portable community and I'm already thinking on doing 2 more portables.

No more talk and here is the CRLouiii.....

20221030_102544.jpg

20221030_102536.jpg

20221030_102551.jpg

20221030_121441~2.jpg

20221030_121436.jpg

Big thanks to @Gman , @Aurelio for the great support answering my questions, this help was really important to be able to finish the build, also a big thanks to @GingerOfOz to share the case files, pcb designs and to build this great portable that inspire me to enter this portabilise world to the people that help me here and on discord also thanks you guys help alot and that really encouraged me to keep trying.

So once again thanks for ready

Last question, from here should I posted on the cutting edge section?

Last edited:

Stitches

2 and a Half Dollarydoos
Staff member
Portables
You can post it in Cutting Edge if you want. It is indeed a finished project after all