Worklog The WiiBoy

Gman

RTFDS
Staff member
The WiiBoy will be a Wii inside of a DMG gameboy case WITH batteries, unlike my first GC handheld inside of a DMG. I'm building this one the old fashioned way, haven't done a case like this in quite some time. I had two 3DS cases that I never used so I did a double frankencase to use the 3DS slider casing.

Attachments

ShockSlayer

the real
Portables
please do not ask!!!! I will NOT respond
Can't wait to see this.

Gman

RTFDS
Staff member
Last edited:

ShockSlayer

the real
Portables
It's enameled. Basically, you don't strip it, you just tin it like you would normal wire and the enamel melts away. Then, use a cutting tool or something to make the tinned end of the wire as short as you can, but still usable. They're all over each other in my wifi and NAND relocations, but everything works and I checked all my continuity before I powered anything up.

Also, if you can afford one, grab yourself a hot air rework station. Got to finally use mine to remove the LDO and NAND and it was amazing.

Gman

RTFDS
Staff member
Anyone know if the 3DS XL has the same size dpad as a 3ds? Stupid me bought a ds lite dpad and it doesnt fit quite right. I can only find 3ds xl dpads on ebay.

Gman

RTFDS
Staff member
Just went and checked. The XL's is about 1.1mm longer than the standards.
Thanks. I ended up filing the casing down and the ds lite dpad fits now.

ShockSlayer

the real
Portables
Well you know what they say, measure twice cut whatever you want 'cause can relocate anything. You're fuckin' G M A N.

Gman

RTFDS
Staff member
Well you know what they say, measure twice cut whatever you want 'cause can relocate anything. You're fuckin' G M A N.
What happened was that I first cut the Wii and it was prime, then I decided to cut it a little more around the shoulder buttons and well I thought I had more room than I did.