The Wiiboy rev2

This is something different, but what about the resistors for the 3DS sliders? Are those not required for the gamecube controller for the wii? How did you get around that?

Awesome looking portable btw!

Aurelio

ᕕ( ᐛ )ᕗ
Staff member
Portables
This is something different, but what about the resistors for the 3DS sliders? Are those not required for the gamecube controller for the wii? How did you get around that?

Awesome looking portable btw!
The 3DS sliders don't need any resistors and they don't improve the signal at all. The problem with 3DS sliders is that the output range is reduced with respect to a full-scale stick. To be precise the full scale goes from -128 to 127, while 3DS sliders would go from -90 to 90 ish. This means that in some games the movements of characters/camera are a bit slower than what you can get with a standard stick.
This problem can be solved in few ways, one of which is to use my controller board (it will be available soon) instead of an original controller board.

Nick

Did you use controller pads for both abxy and d-pad buttons? And from which controller did they come from

Gman

RTFDS
Staff member
Did you use controller pads for both abxy and d-pad buttons? And from which controller did they come from
They are both from a dslite. I used the pcb for the abxy and tactIle switches for the dpad

Nick

I know the SDN solder pad on the audio amp is used to turn the amp off, which allows you to save battery life when not in use, but how/what did you hook it up to?

Gman

RTFDS
Staff member
I know the SDN solder pad on the audio amp is used to turn the amp off, which allows you to save battery life when not in use, but how/what did you hook it up to?
SDN is shorted to 5v so the amp turns on with the portable

Nick

So you just ran a wire from SDN and soldered it to part of a wire coming off the 5v on the amp?

pengy

Hey mate, what kind of heat sink/fan setup is that? And are there details about play and charge through the same jack somewhere?