The THICC BOI - raspberry pi 3 portable

Portables
Made this a year ago i call it the THIC BOI . Its named this because of how thic it is its like holding a lunch box.
This took me 3 months to make i didint have any knowledge on how to do this before hand, as you can see in the quality of it lol. It has some issues with the audio having feedback and the sticks drift never got around to fixing that but other then that works perfect. i took inspiration off all the portables i have seen over the years especially the gc ones . I built this off of adafruits super game pi, and added a bunch of stuff i wanted to it and changed alot of the case only the shape is really the same now . hope you guys enjoy my Thicc boi lol

Parts
  1. rapsberry pi 3
  2. Tency lc
  3. 800x600 5 inch display
  4. 18650 3200mah
  5. Stereo 2.8W Class D Audio Amplifier
  6. 1S3P 3.7V 18650 Holder Case Battery w/ Li-ion PCM Protection Circuit Module
  7. Analog 2-axis Thumb Joystick
  8. some proto board
  9. PowerBoost 1000 Charger
  10. 3d printed case and buttons
THE THICC BOI

Attachments

Last edited:

Stitches

2 and a Half Dollarydoos
Staff member
Portables
Made this a year ago i call it the THIC BOI . Its named this because of how thic it is its like holding a lunch box.
This took me 3 months to make i didint have any knowledge on how to do this before hand, as you can see in the quality of it lol. It has some issues with the audio having feedback and the sticks drift never got around to fixing that but other then that works perfect. i took inspiration off all the portables i have seen over the years especially the gc ones . I built this off of adafruits super game pi, and added a bunch of stuff i wanted to it and changed alot of the case only the shape is really the same now . hope you guys enjoy my Thicc boi lol

Parts
  1. rapsberry pi 3
  2. Tency lc
  3. 800x600 5 inch display
  4. 18650 3200mah
  5. Stereo 2.8W Class D Audio Amplifier
  6. 1S3P 3.7V 18650 Holder Case Battery w/ Li-ion PCM Protection Circuit Module
  7. Analog 2-axis Thumb Joystick
  8. some proto board
  9. PowerBoost 1000 Charger
  10. 3d printed case and buttons
THE THICC BOI

That is indeed a thicc boi. The screws you used are massive as well, why'd you use such big wood screws?

Portables
That is indeed a thicc boi. The screws you used are massive as well, why'd you use such big wood screws?
it has to fit the theme of thicc - was to lazy to buy more screws actually, just wanted to put it together and play it lol

Just realized the comparison photo has a old version of my file and not the last version I had printed will fix that after I sleep

Last edited by a moderator:

cheese

the tallest memer in town
Staff member
Even though it is thick, it looks pretty nice. I like those sticks mounted with the big boy screws too :p

Portables
i think next i either will make a smaller one with a pi zero or make one with a wii or use a more powerful x86 board with support for windows
doing this i so fun but expensive lol

fibbef

Wizardry V Completer
Looks really good! Thicc maybe, but the height and width look appropriate for the size of screen. Good work!