Worklog THE SWII Machup

I made a worklog a few months then but a lot has changed recently. I actually got a switch and tried new things but though all of that I had something on my mind,I have noticed that my swii was getting expensive now that more random hard to find things went on to my shopping list;so I took a break for a while,having not much use for a portable wii at the time enjoying nintendo's new console.I viewed a portable wii as just a silly attempt I did because I was bored for awhile,now I sill thought of a idea I had a while back to have no built in controllers but have a wiimote and nunchuck attach to the sides like a switch and have custom made gamecube controllers rap around it like a moble controller.Today I decided to revisit this idea for to reasons:1 because I have diped my toes into gamecube emulation on android phone and was designing a accessory that allowed me to have a phone clip attached to a gamecube controller,and 2 because I watched swanks video on gamecube controller joycons so I'm deciding to give it a shot again!

This should be easier to produce because you don't have to stuff a controller board in,but it forces you to install a Bluetooth modual

jefflongo

Broke BitBuilt
Staff member
Portables
The real question is how would support multiple types of controllers? Sure you could use a Wii remote and nunchuk with just the Bluetooth adapter but other controllers such as GameCube controllers and joycons won't work natively with the Bluetooth module. Also wiimotes and nunchuks won't work for GameCube games.

Portables
Little late on this, but (although I don't recommend it) Nintendont actually can emulate a GameCube controller with a wiimote and nunchuk (or classic controllers).

EDIT: But yeah, you wouldn't be able to dock those different controllers using magnets like the diagrams show.

You can however if you find a good fixation(magnets seems a little bit to dangerous) put some connectors for a halved gamecube controller and wire it internally with a gc+.
It will be quite a bit harder than a regular portable although.

sorry I'm late but their not suppose to dock you just charger them sepratly wich might be a pain at times but I could get around it. As for multiple controllers I have some wii to common Bluetooth(whatever you call it)adapters laying around that I can maybe take apart