The SHNYAPS64 - Commissioned N64p

Downing

Basement Owner
Portables
20ish...
Hey guys,

Sorry I've been such a stranger to the world lately. Real life with a 2.5 year old and a 4 month old pretty much sucks up all the time I've got these days, making it very had to even get to my work bench, much less post a work log about it.

But that said, last week I finished up one of two N64p commission's I've been working on for a couple months now and posted a short video about it.

These two are very basic as far as features go as they do not support A/V out or Multi-Player but that was by their request.

What I do love about these though is the SLA 3D printed buttons, decals and covers that really help add a lot of aesthetic and functional qualities to the build.

They still of course utilize the Audio Amp by RDC

And the controller board

And of course the Expansion Pak as well as built in Memory Card

This was still a bit of a mess at this point, but it all got cleaned up near the end.

My latest improvement to the cart slot and now cart-cover brackets, so that now it can be held on with two screws and instead of glue in case the cart slot ever had to be checked. Had to use the Form 2 to print these this time though because of the tolerances needed for everything to line up properly.

The rest are just bit an pieces of the rest of the process. Not to exciting or in any particular order.

Hope you enjoy and thanks for checking in!

Stitches

2 and a Half Dollarydoos
Staff member
Portables
Hey guys,

Sorry I've been such a stranger to the world lately. Real life with a 2.5 year old and a 4 month old pretty much sucks up all the time I've got these days, making it very had to even get to my work bench, much less post a work log about it.

But that said, last week I finished up one of two N64p commission's I've been working on for a couple months now and posted a short video about it.

These two are very basic as far as features go as they do not support A/V out or Multi-Player but that was by their request.

What I do love about these though is the SLA 3D printed buttons, decals and covers that really help add a lot of aesthetic and functional qualities to the build.

They still of course utilize the Audio Amp by RDC

And the controller board

And of course the Expansion Pak as well as built in Memory Card

This was still a bit of a mess at this point, but it all got cleaned up near the end.

My latest improvement to the cart slot and now cart-cover brackets, so that now it can be held on with two screws and instead of glue in case the cart slot ever had to be checked. Had to use the Form 2 to print these this time though because of the tolerances needed for everything to line up properly.

The rest are just bit an pieces of the rest of the process. Not to exciting or in any particular order.

Hope you enjoy and thanks for checking in!
Dem screwposts tho

Pacal

Portables
RDP 64
I didn't know the PLA can resist the heat from the 64,I've been trying to print a case with ABS and the results are horrible

An N64 shouldn't get hot enough to melt ABS or even PLA. Maybe rethink how your cooling is set up?

Also stellar work Downing.

Pacal

Portables
RDP 64
An N64 shouldn't get hot enough to melt ABS or even PLA. Maybe rethink how your cooling is set up?

Also stellar work Downing.
What I mean by horrible results is everytime that I try to print my case with my 3D printer using ABS it tends to bend from the córners but now I'm going to use PLA Instead

Bed adhesion is a problem with ABS.

If you can, try making a heated enclosure, or turn up your hotbed.

If that's still an issue, at work we use ABS dissolved in Acetone and paint it on a glass bed. That seems to solve the adhesion problems.

Downing

Basement Owner
Portables
20ish...
Bed adhesion is a problem with ABS.

If you can, try making a heated enclosure, or turn up your hotbed.

If that's still an issue, at work we use ABS dissolved in Acetone and paint it on a glass bed. That seems to solve the adhesion problems.
That's an interesting idea. Do you use a raft for the first few layers to make up for the uneven brush strokes or is it such a thin layer that it doesn't matter?