The Next Wii

The Next Guy

Sun Dried Cases
Portables
Melted in the Sun
I don't have any pictures to show off anything as of yet but I do have a list of features I want to include in this portable.
  • Fully 3D printed case
  • Laptop design
  • 10.1" IPS VGA screen.
  • 3 Watt speakers with digital audio and control.
  • Battery level indicator
  • All 4 GameCube controller ports
  • External USB for additional memes
  • 6 hours of playtime
  • Bluetooth & WiFi
  • Component and audio out
  • Custom reg/power management board
  • Wii power brick input power
  • Pikmin 2 themed paint job.
  • Secret meme...
At the moment I am still collecting resources, I just found a Black Wii for $10 on OfferUp. I will still be trimming the board and may offer a barrel jack power input as well. My goal is a 1" thick design, hopefully less.

The Next Guy

Sun Dried Cases
Portables
Melted in the Sun
Finally got some progress. I bought this display from amazon. Its 7 inches, not 10 but it was very easy to slim down and to identify which components I could remove/relocate. I got the total thickness down to 6 mm, testing it along the way to make sure it still turned on and functioned. It runs off 3.3v reliably, but i'll probably run it off of 5v as this works too.
IMG_20190720_195804.jpg

The case is currently printing. The total thickness I'm going for is 25 mm, not too thick but big enough for batteries. More updates to follow.

Stitches

2 and a Half Dollarydoos
Staff member
Portables
Finally got some progress. I bought this display from amazon. Its 7 inches, not 10 but it was very easy to slim down and to identify which components I could remove/relocate. I got the total thickness down to 6 mm, testing it along the way to make sure it still turned on and functioned. It runs off 3.3v reliably, but i'll probably run it off of 5v as this works too.
View attachment 9048
The case is currently printing. The total thickness I'm going for is 25 mm, not too thick but big enough for batteries. More updates to follow.
*cries in L7009*