The Maybe UltraMini Portable Wii

Benge

Portables
4 : O-Wii (V1,V2,V2.1)/ BS2
Today I worked on a way to secure the Omega trimed Wii in place.
It will be fixed on one side by hooks, and on the other by a part that will stick it on the heatsink (red part).

Fusion360_MkIFu9vxqE.png

I have also worked on L/R trigger.
For now I need to test this concept.
Fusion360_ngStee8UbD.png

Benge

Portables
Today I tested some print to adjust the L/R trigger, and now it work perfectly.

I also soldered the controller and amp component to their PCBs.
This time I finally use stencils !
And it's really much easier and faster O.o (and cleaner)

20210915_224823.jpg

20210915_224834.jpg

I will test them soon, before that I have to make some adjustment and test on my 3D modeling.

It's sad, but unfortunately I will not be able to finish the project before the end of the contest ...
I will be locked by the PMS part because I do not have all the components :\

Benge

Portables
Test time !
I just tested the GL823K µSD to USB, and it works like a charm !
Tested with GC and Wii games with noname 4Go µSD cards and Samsung 64Go µSD cards.

This little circuit is really great, only needs to add 4 capacitors to make it work (no external oscillator, no resistors).
20211002_225330 (2).jpg

20211003_003011 (2).jpg

I also finished the new version of my all-in-one PCB (after changing all the regulators at least 5 times and doing 3 different versions).

And thanks to @Gman and his explanation, I was able to adapt the PMS code to be able to turn on the 5V regulator when you plug into a USB socket (for data transfer).
I also used the IP2721 (nice discovery, it is super easy to use) to activate the Power Delivery instead of the stusb4500, which is unfindable.

I also added something to make PWM fan control, but I have to find out how to use PID for regulation.
So it's not for now, but at least it will be possible
kicad_HQE7W6nZba.png

Benge

Portables
Today I tested the Controller, and it works very well !
After I tested the U-Amp, but I got a strange issue :
The sound come very low, even when I ride it to the max, and when I go down to the minimum it goes down well because after a while we hear nothing.
20211004_010451.jpg

Benge

Portables
After testing with an audio Jack input, the sense didn't work.
But after checking everything, I found no mistake ...
As I had connected the 1.8v with a fairly thin wire (0.2mm) directly to the Wii and not to the power supply, I connected a larger wire directly to the 1.8V output of the power supply.

And the problem is just there, so now everything is working.
20211004_211906 (2).jpg

This worklog is really awesome. I'm actually going to be using the GL832K as well, love the circuits simplicity with only 4 caps! I'm hoping it can run off 3.3v. Have you tried running it off 3.3v by chance?

Benge

Portables
This worklog is really awesome. I'm actually going to be using the GL832K as well, love the circuits simplicity with only 4 caps! I'm hoping it can run off 3.3v. Have you tried running it off 3.3v by chance?
Thanks You :)
I don't know if it work in 3.3V but I'm going to test that, it can be really nice !
But I think USB bus need 5V

Benge

Portables
I made some advancement on the project !
Some time ago I received the second version of my main pcb, so I put everything together.
All voltages are working, unfortunately I have made several mistakes :
1 - I reversed the connections at the USB multiplexer, so I rewired that with magnet wires.
2 - 5V reg are not Synchronous regulator (so efficiency are not optimal) ... I learned this while watching a GreatScott! video after having already send the PCB order.
3 - 5V reg can't be full turn OFF, so I have Vsys on the output even when EN = 0V, that break the logical of the USB multiplexer.

Luckily I still had an RVL PMS pcb, so I soldered the regulator that goes on it and I cut the PCB to then connect it to mine.
So here is the result :
20211119_215955.jpg

So now all of that work fine :
- All regulators
- USB PD
- µSD to USB
- Enable 5V reg when 5V is plugged in and the circuit is OFF (to switch the µSD card to the USB-C connector).
- D+ D- to 2D+ 2D- connection way on the multiplexer

And the big problem that I have now is the multiplexer that switch correctly to the D+/D- to 1D+/1D- or 2D+/2D-, but work only on the 2D line, it doesn't work at all when it is on 1D line.
I think it is because this multiplexer can do audio too ?
I use the NLAS7242, firstly I wanted to use the TC7USB42MU, but it is nowhere to be found in stock.

So for now I will order another one (TS3USB30) that have the same logic and footprint, and almost the same pinout (only one pin to change) for testing ... I hope it will work !