Worklog The littleBIG Boy

Ah you used transparent film instead. Nice work. In my method, I use paint to cover the sides also works pretty good but the plastic is just so damn scratch sensitive. I'm going to try to use a screen protector and see if it looks decent.

Incredible work, congrats! I'm currently in planning to revive an old N64p project when I arrive back to the UK after 6 months working in Portugal and would love to keep my project under twice the thickness of yours! I'm struggling to find ribbon socket connectors of the right pitch for the Nintendo Switch analogs you used, could you point me in the direction where you got yours from? Thanks!

I actually had two spare connectors from an old Wiikey fusion laying around. They are 10 pins each, but it didn't matter to me.
You can easily find these connectors by searching for "0.5 pitch connector" on eBay. They are fairly cheap imo.
Good luck with your portable :D

I actually had two spare connectors from an old Wiikey fusion laying around. They are 10 pins each, but it didn't matter to me.
You can easily find these connectors by searching for "0.5 pitch connector" on eBay. They are fairly cheap imo.
Good luck with your portable :D
Ahh great! There are some 8 pin ones so I'll grab those, thank you! I'm excited and a little scared to get going again

Ahh great! There are some 8 pin ones so I'll grab those, thank you! I'm excited and a little scared to get going again
I know exactly what you mean :XD:
But this community here is awesome. I'm sure we will support you as far as we can;)
And it will get easier every day after you started.

Is there a chance you can post a wiring and cutting guide for the boards? I am interested in building one but I don’t know where to cut my Wii’s board.

Is there a purchase list as well? I looked for the screen used but I don’t see the same one according to the pictures.

how many bolts are going into your wii? You have a regular micro usb going in so I figured it was 5 volts, but a lot of the screens I have seen require at least 9 volts.

jefflongo

Broke BitBuilt
Staff member
Portables
how many bolts are going into your wii? You have a regular micro usb going in so I figured it was 5 volts, but a lot of the screens I have seen require at least 9 volts.
If you check the guide hub, there is a guide about running screens on lower voltages. Most displays can be modified to run off 5v.

Where did you get your voltage regulators? I looked at the guide but when I went online, there were dozens of different regulators with the same name but different values.

BocuD

Portables
Where did you get your voltage regulators? I looked at the guide but when I went online, there were dozens of different regulators with the same name but different values.
https://bitbuilt.net/forums/index.php?threads/custom-regulators-an-explanation-and-guide.754/
It should be mentioned that the Wii PMS is a better option then the regs recommended there, but reading through this is still a good idea. It might also be a good idea to start your own worklog instead of cluttering this one.

Small update:

View attachment 7124

I tried different settings with the buttons. Personally I like them all. I think I will stick with the following:

View attachment 7125

Of course they look awful on these pictures ._.'
In real life they look much better. Nonetheless I will most likely sand them a little bit.

Another small update:
Before
View attachment 7132

And after sanding
View attachment 7134
View attachment 7137
Dear friend, can you tell me how you sanded the buttons to get this beautiful result? used any product? Thank you!