The Jungle Green Ashida

Jyxn

She's all done, the Jungle Green Ashida! This is my first post here on the forums but it definitely will not be my last. The Ashida was a wonderful project to complete and I still can't believe how cool this thing is! It is extremely comfortable in hand and it really hits that nostalgic sweet spot I have for the Gamecube. I am floored that this was even possible, much less that I was able to build one myself. Shoutout to Wesk and everyone at 4Layer for making this possible!

ashida1.jpg
ashidaback.jpg
inside.jpg
ashidagboy.jpg

The interior is a bit of a mess in the pic, but was cleaned up quite a bit before finally closing it all up. I had a bit of trouble trimming the Z button's posts to fit them in, but ended up with a very nice tactile click that feels great.

The case was printed on my Flashforge Foto 8.9 in Elegoo tansluscent green resin at .05mm. It took a few attempts and quite a bit of resin, but I ended up with a result I am pretty happy with. I sanded the case with 1000 grit sandpaper and tried to remove as much support marking as I could. The pic below is prior to sanding. Due to the curvy shell and my absolute hate for sanding though, there are a few marks left on the case. In hand, it feels very smooth and it amazes me that results like this are possible for hobbyists.

casepresanding.jpg

Welp, it was quite the project and I definitely could not have completed it without all the assistance from all the helpful folks in the Discord. Thank you to everyone who assisted in pointing me in the right direction and tolerating my massive amount of questions along the way. I played a couple hours of Wind Waker so far and everything has worked perfectly, so fingers crossed that it will stay assembled for now! After building the Gboy, I knew this would be my next project and I am happy to call it done.

Attachments