Worklog The "I'm rubbish at thinking of snappy thread titles" Louii clone.

Hey all,

So earlier this year I decided to finally (having lurked for a considerable amount of time) to delve into building my own portable Wii. I really like the form factor of GingerOfOz's Louii build, and the fact the design and info had been open-sourced to be a huge help as I absolutely suck at design work!

Fast forward a few months, and I've finally got round to the Wii trim. I seem to be unable to get any resistance across 3.3V to GND, and I'm thinking that I've sanded so much that I've gone too far. I've also wrecked a couple of pads along the row of electrolytic caps that needed to be removed, but as far as I can tell that shouldn't necessarily be a problem? (I'm fine soldering to the vias if needed). My U10 relocation appears to be showing continuity (or lack of) to the right test points, if that's relevant in some way.

Should I just continue sanding away with 1200 grit and hope it sorts itself out, or have I now gone too far? Is it time to start browsing eBay/Facebook marketplace?

Trim_Front.jpg

Trim_Back.jpg

Any advice here would be great!

I do have a hopefully more positive update on building my own PMS, GC2.0 and U-Amp, but lets get the bad news out of the way!

EDIT: Spelling/Grammar.