Worklog The IkeprodigWii

Portables
Lol!
Ok... due to a sudden boost in morale (and boredom) I've decided to put together a little worklog. I must warn you, however, since my money is really tight right now and since it's the end of the school year for me, this worklog is going to be very slow. With that being said, I'm not sure if I'm gonna enter in the contest just yet.

Things that I have right now:
1) OM6 trimmed mobo
2) 5" Backup Car Monitor
3) GameCube controller
4) LEDs
5) Miscellaneous switches

IMG_2449.JPG

IMG_2450.JPGIMG_2452.JPGIMG_2453.JPG

Things on the way:
1) Audio Amp

I recently finished sanding my mobo but I'm waiting to wire up the screen because I don't think my Hakko cordless soldering iron can handle it. I'm planning on buying a Weller with a fine tip soon and along with it: batteries, regulators, and a case (Hopefully I can get lot #1 from Gman for my case). I actually can't wait to put this together!

Attachments

ShockSlayer

the real
Portables
please do not ask!!!! I will NOT respond
If you're confident you can successfully solder to the NAND chip's pins, I'll map out a fix using the compendium.

ShockSlayer

the real
Portables
please do not ask!!!! I will NOT respond
Correct. Without fixing this, it won't boot.

I used color coding instead of numbers because I refuse to use numbers unless they're accurate to the chip, and I was too lazy to look it up ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

If you've got some of the 34 gauge magnet wire, now's the time to use it.

Portables
Lol!
Correct. Without fixing this, it won't boot.

I used color coding instead of numbers because I refuse to use numbers unless they're accurate to the chip, and I was too lazy to look it up ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

If you've got some of the 34 gauge magnet wire, now's the time to use it.
Great! Luckily, I took your advice a while back and have a full spool of magnet wire to use!

Portables
Lol!
Good luck on the NAND traces! I really hope you can bring this back to life.

Contest registration is closed, I'm afraid.
It actually seems doable. I recovered one trace but the solder connections keeping coming undone. And I guess I'll just use this time to learn off of other people.

cheese

the tallest memer in town
Staff member
It actually seems doable. I recovered one trace but the solder connections keeping coming undone. And I guess I'll just use this time to learn off of other people.
One suggestion I have is lift up ever other pin you want to solder to, makes it much easier to do on the low pitch pins

Portables
Lol!
Okkkk nope. It's too hard soldering to the damn thing! Lol! I guess I'll get another one...

GC64

Portables
Okkkk nope. It's too hard soldering to the damn thing! Lol! I guess I'll get another one...
Before you completely give up on it, have you tried using flux? That's the only way I managed to solder on super tiny traces like bluetooth.

Portables
Lol!
Before you completely give up on it, have you tried using flux? That's the only way I managed to solder on super tiny traces like bluetooth.
No I haven't. I gotta do more research on that!