Ghosts The Graveyard: Show Us Your Dead Trims!

CrazyGadget

Crazy Helpful, CrazyGadget
Portables
???
This thread is not for those with weak stomachs... I want to see all the botched trims out there! Whether it was your first time or your hundredth. Maybe your dremel jumped, maybe you broke some pins off your NAND, maybe you destroyed a critical via! No shame in that, everyone makes mistakes. I thought it would be cool for everyone to share that botched OMGWTF or that LMAO that just won't work WHY DOES THIS DANG THING NOT POST!!!!

I guess I oughta start things off, so check this bad boy out:
20211030_125146.jpg
20211030_125152.jpg

Here's an LMAOv2 I did for my attempt at a Wesk GC Micro. I relocated the U10, NAND, 1v8 cap and LDO prior to trimming and everything was peaches and cream! Cut the thing out, sanded from 220 to 1000, checked all my resistances, and everything looked good! But alas, when I gave it power, nothing would come up on my composite line. I checked all my voltages, I checked my U10, I checked every single NAND line, I ran extra grounds, I probed everything I could think of, you name it! But this thing just will not boot! It's sitting in an ESD bag on my bench, watching as I put a new, working trim into the GC Micro. I can feel it haunting me, even when I'm miles and miles and miles away at college...

Anyway! That's enough of my demons! Let's see yours!

Gex

I had a brilliant one where I somehow trimmed it perfectly but then ended up breaking it in half. Wish I didn‘t rage throw it out now

I have some unfortunate... wii motherboards that were sacrificed in the name of researching and testing my flex pcb design. They've given their lives to a just cause... I hope

Senor Avocado

2022 2nd Place Winner
This thread makes me sad because I have more trims that don't work than do work. I borked this nand bend LMAO trim by destroying the u10 via, I tried salvaging it by drilling through the mobo to directly connect to the bga pad, but it wouldn't boot consistently after I connected it this way. RIP
IMG_2549.JPG