Worklog "The GoldeN64" Re-Do

Downing

Basement Owner
Portables
20ish...
So as some of you are aware, a commission I started nearly a year ago, was nearly complete when the paint finish decided to fail in spectacular fashion. I'd never seen a paint failure like this under the circumstances and it really took the wind out of my sails for several months as I ended up scraping the project and starting anew.

But with the addition of some new equipment in the basement and my real job not hogging up 60hrs a week of my time, I started the project back up with quite a few more improvements as a way of saying thanks to my buyer for a nearly 5 month hiatus.

First I started off with the SLA printed parts. Since he wanted this to be an OOT themed portable, I made some OOT themed buttons and decals.

I then started to reprint and paint the enclosure, which has since been turned to a hammered "Silver" finish which came out better than I was anticipating.

Still have to apply the clear coats but for the most part I'm already much happier with how this is coming out.

When things are revived they come back stronger than ever before! Looking good. I'm sure the buyer will be pleased

Downing

Basement Owner
Portables
20ish...
CEMENT64

Looking great as always! Those buttons are neat as hell, makes me want to get a SLA printer!
Thanks. It looks more like metal in real life and yes, SLA has it's place. This Form 3 though is an amazing piece of technology even though it's expensive as hell...not just the machine, but costs of resin. But for little buttons like this it's justified.

When things are revived they come back stronger than ever before! Looking good. I'm sure the buyer will be pleased
Yeah, there is truth to that!

Hey can I play tetris on this one?
This one's probably not coming to MGC. If the eNVeGA is done by then I'll pack that one up and you can play!

I did not know SLA printers can be THAT good...can i ask what model is that?