Worklog The G-64 worklog

Gman

RTFDS
Staff member
Here's a design I've been working on for a little while now in the dark. The forum is seriously lacking of N64 portables so here we go! My old 3D printer was not large enough to print it (maxed out at 200mm, model is 220mm :facepalm:). But I recently spoiled myself and got a new 3D printer which has a slightly larger build volume and is capable of much higher quality prints. This is just a test print, I'll be working on this more next year.

The case uses a 5" screen and a PS2 joystick. I'm planning on using micro usb charging. I haven't tested the n64 on 5v yet but I'm pretty confident it will work. Like I said, this is a test print that was printed essentially hollow so it's not a perfect print but here is the idea. The cartridge cover prints separate and screws on the back from the inside. There is also screw holes for attaching the cartridge slot brackets.

20161226_202743_zpsfbcsvllp.JPG
20161226_202722_zpsmdrr3qrf.JPG
20161226_202750_zpsxswwqtji.JPG
20161226_203912_zps2pl35vwe.JPG

Last edited:

Matthew

Formally known as Chaos
Portables
This is amazing! I love the design.

Out of curiosity, what new printer did you purchase?

Madmorda

Painting Queen
Portables
I like that the case is reminiscent of the n64 controller. Gotta love 3d printers. It really shows your attention to detail. I'm excited to see more of this project :D

Matthew

Formally known as Chaos
Portables
I got an original Prusa MK2. It was on backorder a few weeks but totally worth the wait, it meets the hype.
Those look FREAKING GORGEOUS. That's actually the same one that I was planning on getting! Have you seen the multi-color extruder upgrade? I think that it would be incredibly useful with PVA (the water soluble filamnet) and we could do some sweet portables with it.

Gman

RTFDS
Staff member
Those look FREAKING GORGEOUS. That's actually the same one that I was planning on getting! Have you seen the multi-color extruder upgrade? I think that it would be incredibly useful with PVA (the water soluble filamnet) and we could do some sweet portables with it.
That was the 3rd print I did too. It took about 7 hours to assemble it and then it produced beautiful prints right away! Yeah I saw that, it's impressive. Myself and everyone else who owns an MK2 would all highly recommend it! I think it's on backorder like 2 months now lol

So, I have a noob question. What is that pcb inside of this crispy baggie for?

E64

Portables
how can we get one if it's not available?:?:

Aurelio

ᕕ( ᐛ )ᕗ
Staff member
Portables
would it be available anytime soon?
No. I have literally a stack of projects to work on and more importantly I’m studying for exams and working on my master thesis, so I have no time to work on this