Worklog The DreamPad

Discussion in 'Other' started by Nold, Dec 4, 2017.

1. Al3x Portugal .

[QUOTE = "Nold, post: 25822, member: 1499"]Thanks mate... but you better watch out for your "PTHs".. when they come from china, they will likely be a ripoff! but IDK...
    ATM I'm waiting for my new 3D-Printer, as I was fu**ed off by the size of my case again... so I'll do something else :P

As for pinouts, I already created the definitive DC trimming guide, so you might check that out ;-)
    https://bitbuilt.net/forums/index.php?threads/the-definitive-dc-trimming-guide.1925/

Also there will be more DC action soon! :)[/CITAR]

Dude, can you explain me better about my regulators in china?
    they're of bad quality, is that it?
    I waited so long for them ... =(

And thank you very much for the guide, I had not seen it yet ... I'm in the middle of a PS2 project, but when I finish it for sure I'll go back to Dreamcast thanks to your guide ... Thank you! Your work is amazing!!!

2. fibbef Digimon World Completer .

Portables:
    He just means that anything from China is risky because there is a good chance it is of poor quality. Are your PTHs branded TI? If so, they’re probably ok and you just bought from a Chinese reseller.

Nold likes this.
  3. Al3x Portugal .

I understood...

Here are the photos of the regulators I bought:
    20180314_075156.jpg

20180314_075250.jpg

Are they of bad quality ?? Will not they work?

I found these PTHs in a server junk, someone knows if they are usable:

20180314_100400.jpg

4. fibbef Digimon World Completer .

Portables:
    First pic has the Texas Instruments logo on the board. I’d say you’re ok.

I’ve not seen the PTH in that last pic before. I’d recommend looking for a data sheet for it before using it.

5. Al3x Portugal .

Great! I was worried, I waited so long for them, and I paid dearly for them ... Thank you friend!

6. jefflongo Broke BitBuilt .

Looking at the datasheet you may have a problem with the PTH05050. Looks like it only accepts an input voltage in the range of 4.5-5.5V. This means you cannot use this module with a standard battery setup.

7. TrueSonic45 .

Portables:
    Man, WHOA!

Firstly, you are RIGHT. it IS the year for Dreamcast Portables.

And secondly, DAMN, I'm about to try that DC board trim, probably tomorrow, I got a few DC's, but I need to get everything together. I'm a HUGE fan of Frankencasing (All of my portables are frankencased) and I refuse to do it any other way. You are doing a fantastic job. Thanks for keeping the DCp Dream ALIVE, bruv.

Dominic Wake and Nold like this.
  8. Nold .

Portables:
    PortaCube | Pad64 | DreamPad [WIP]
    i think i'm slowly getting into CAD... starting to love this parametric stuff! It takes much time to "program" but I hope it'll become nice to reuse & share :)

parametric_case.jpg
    btw,; waiting for my Prusa is even worse than waiting for a print to finish... <.< hope it finally gets shipped next week..

9. Dominic Wake .

England Buckingham Palace with a fake tash
    Portables:
    Nvidia Shield K1, Gpd XD, PSP cfw, 3DS cfw. more to come. sorry if soft-mod is not cool.
    my portable console is my shield K1 tablet with a dream cast emulator lol defeats the point i know. its power of knowledge man.

10. mknrls .

amazing work! Where did get that heatsink tho, really like how low profile it is

11. Nold .

Portables:
    Yea, i really like them, too! Used them for all my portables basically.
    I salvaged them from old Fujitsi Primepower 800 Systemboards back in the Gamecube days, since they have pretty much of the size of the GC Heatsink.

[​IMG]

mknrls likes this.
  12. mknrls .

in the previous pictures, you were using two the regulator did that switch to four afterward?

13. Nold .

Portables:
    Yea, as said above, i replaced the two onboard regs, too. You'll find more infos in the DC Trimming guide.
    Also you can't (/shouldn't) use a PTH080808 for 3.3v without replacing the onboard regs, too. Cause it'll draw to much current otherwise.

mknrls likes this.
  14. fibbef Digimon World Completer .

Portables:
    I’ve been revisiting this thread because TrueSonic has been sharing his DC woes in the Discord. Saw this from the first post that I must have missed the first time around:
    So is it probable that my old ebay-found DC has a bad PSU? It occasionally restarts on its own. Usually if I leave it powered off for an extended period. Then once I have it going for a little while it seems more stable. I always assumed it was the disk drive giving out and that it just restarted as a means of crash recovery.

15. Nold .

Portables:
    Yea, this is actually a quite common problem with the DC. It's mostly related to a bad connection between the PSU & DC Mainboard.
    Check out mmmonkey's site for more infos: http://www.mmmonkey.co.uk/dreamcast-random-reset-and-common-fixes/

fibbef likes this.