Release The 2 Dollar Wii Component mod (aka. Here we dont sell that anymore)

So I was tired of using my wii in composite video, so I tried to search a component cable, the only answer to that was "Here we dont sell it anymore, but theres the wii2hdmi, It can output video at 1080p" Here at Mexico the wii2hdmi costs around 25 dollars.
So i went to a electronic shop and I buyed some cheap rca cables (like one dollar), a usbA female port (like 25 cents) and a switch (like 30 cents)

After geting home I soldered the ypbpr pins to the female to the usbport (All thanks to the Shank's Wii Super Thread), and to the switch(to be able to change between componet and composite)

Nothing to say but after some case modifications and merging the rca cables with a male usb port from a micro usb cable. Now I have a sweet 480p output
20190327_084329.jpg 20190327_084534.jpg

Here are some photos of the internals
20190327_082701.jpg 20190327_082639.jpg

cheese

the tallest memer in town
Staff member
While I wouldn't personally do it (since I can get component cables off ebay for around 4-6$), I can see how it would be more viable to do this (since non-US shipping can be crazy). Good use of shielded cables as well, did you use ground on the USB port/cable as video ground? That would protect from interference, or at least help :P

While I wouldn't personally do it (since I can get component cables off ebay for around 4-6$), I can see how it would be more viable to do this (since non-US shipping can be crazy). Good use of shielded cables as well, did you use ground on the USB port/cable as video ground? That would protect from interference, or at least help :P
Yes I used the port ground as tbe video ground