Worklog Switch Bluetooth Audio Mod

Discussion in 'Other' started by JacksonS, Dec 4, 2017.

1. JacksonS . . .

Portables:
    I've realized I forgot to post this here because I didn't know where to put it (don't we need a Switch section?). Anyway, here's a video and a little worklog showing off this fairly simple mod to make the Switch compatible with Bluetooth headphones.

Worklog:

The headphone jack still works as normal. It even works while Bluetooth headphones are attached, so you can have dual output if you want. The transmitter itself is good for connectivity and quality, but not for latency, so I'm interested in updating this with some kind of aptX Low-Latency transmitter.

Davuld86, Madmorda, nobble and 4 others like this.
  2. GingerOfOz no wario Staff Member . .

Portables:
    Yeah, but does it have 3 controller options?

0/10

JacksonS likes this.
  3. ShockSlayer Ivan - the tyranny of evil men . .

Portables:
    All
    I actually love this concept, since I've got mine set up with a monitor that has shit speakers.

JacksonS likes this.
  4. LOCtroviser .

I was just about to attempt this as well. I have ordered a few transmitters to see which ones works best. I noticed on a few of them that the audio quality is quite bad. The volume is very low in comparison to the wired headphone jack. What is your experience with this?

JacksonS likes this.
  5. JacksonS . . .

Portables:
    I've been pretty impressed with this transmitter. It usually connects quickly and it doesn't cut out when there's no audio like some transmitters do. The volume is definitely loud enough - I never need to use max volume. Really, it's only downfall is that it uses old A2DP encoding, so there is latency of around 250ms - 500ms most of the time.

6. LOCtroviser .

Oeff 250-500ms is allot. Downfall of the old encoding yeah. The ones I have also have noticable lag. The new low latency ones will only work if your headphones support it aswell otherwise it will use the old encoding.

So not very convenient either if you have older headsets. Any other viable solutions?

7. JacksonS . . .

Portables:
    Not really. Bluetooth headphones aren't up to par to gaming standards yet. You need a set of aptX Low-Latency headphones for the best experience, and there are barely any of those in existence. At least there are a couple small aptX LL transmitters. I've tried standard aptX and the latency is still several hundred milliseconds.

8. LOCtroviser .

hence probably the reason why big gaming companies mostly don't support them. Would using a 2.4 ghz transmitter/receiver would provide better result?

9. JacksonS . . .

Portables:
    Absolutely, I have a pretty generic pair and they're latency-free. I might have to look into that a little more.