I wanted to talk about things that I like and don't like on my Swiitch. But I think I'll just write them down as pros and cons
- The haptic - The general feeling of it in my hands. It feels clean and has a very nice grip. Also the mixture of the two different materials feels awesome
- The buttons - They feel just right. The pressure point, the size, very comfortable. But whats the best imo are the shoulder buttons (all three of them). I'd like to share my work on them just so you can see how good they work/feel.
- The bezel - It took me a lot of time to make it. More than I thought it would
- The general looks - I like it
- The screen - The colors and contrast heavily depend on your viewing angle. It looks really good if you look at it straight on, but if you watch from too low or high the image has inverted colors.
- The Screen - The ratio of the image is off. I didn't know that when I bought the parts and I first thought it wouldn't be so bad. Now it's bugging me quite a lot. On top of that I cannot even place the image in the middle of the screen. (With the settings from the Wii I was able to shift it a little bit to the right)
- The case - It could have been 2mm thicker. So now the insides push against the screen slightly. You cannot see it at the screen but the bezel is being pushed up (maybe 2mm) with time.
- The acrylic glass with the bezel - It definitely was a bad idea to use acrylic glass. I just have to breath on it and it gets new scratches . I would definitely overthink this design in a new portable.
I think thats it. The Swiitch is still not fully finished, it has no sound atm and the main stick only goes from left to right. I bought a new one that should arrive in a few days.
At this point I want to thank all of you for your hard work and support . It is awesome how big this community got and how far you've come in portabelising. On top of that: Your motivating comments and suggestions keep people like me on track. Without this community I never ever would've finished, nor even started my project.