Worklog Switch-alike Portable

Of course:

Looks messy so far, but I just wanted to test ist :D
This is a screen designed for a raspberry pi. It also worked perfectly with my notebook. Only the Wii gives this strange ratio.

Stitches

2 and a Half Dollarydoos
Staff member
Portables
Hey guys, got it working now. The fault was both the voltage and the 3.3v for the video.
It now runs at 1.14v on the 1.15v line and at 0.98v on the 1v line. Hopefully this will not decrease any further ._.
Thank you for your help <3

Btw: Can you tell me why the screen has such a dislocated image?
Have you set the Wii to output 480p? It could be the screen not liking an interlaced signal. I've had a few that side shift interlaced video halfway across the screen.

Have you set the Wii to output 480p? It could be the screen not liking an interlaced signal. I've had a few that side shift interlaced video halfway across the screen.
Yes, I put it to 480p before cutting the mainboard. It really may be the communication between the Wii2HDMI and the screen. But I don't know what I could possibly do to prevent the image from shifting. Maybe use an alternative Wii2HDMI.
I will keep going with this one though. Just for the time being.

Are you using a PAL board ? I've had similar issues with screens on PAL 60Hz, the image was shifted to the left.

EDIT : "Greetings from germany".. Well then that might be the PAL thing :/ I have no solution for it. I just tempered with the screen settings to offset the image but it wasn't enough.

Maybe I'm totally wrong but that sounds like a similar issue.

EDIT 2 : since comp is going to the Wii2HDMI, it might be the component creating the issue? I do not know if HDMI signals can be PAL/NTSC...

Stitches

2 and a Half Dollarydoos
Staff member
Portables
Are you using a PAL board ? I've had similar issues with screens on PAL 60Hz, the image was shifted to the left.

EDIT : "Greetings from germany".. Well then that might be the PAL thing :/ I have no solution for it. I just tempered with the screen settings to offset the image but it wasn't enough.

Maybe I'm totally wrong but that sounds like a similar issue.

EDIT 2 : since comp is going to the Wii2HDMI, it might be the component creating the issue? I do not know if HDMI signals can be PAL/NTSC...
Afaik in 480p mode the signals are the same. PAL 60Hz is only a problem when using 480i composite video and a cheapo screen. The image shifting is probably due to the stock settings on the pi screen he's using, or a dodgy Wii2HDMI adapter.

Ok... I got one (more) question. I wired up the USB device (first a card reader that worked beforehand, now a regular USB stick) and it doesn't work. It doesn't even seem to read the device. The LED (on the card reader and the USB stick) lights up for a moment and then nothing. I wired the 5v and ground with some thicker IDE cables. The data lines are thin (0.15mm in diameter) and aprox 10cm long.
Also I soldered the data lines to the CM1 (and even switched the lines, just to be sure...)
Any suggestions?

GingerOfOz

no wario
Staff member
2020 2nd Place Winner
2022 3rd Place Winner
Portables
just so many i am so cool
Did you twist the data wires together? If you don't, it's really easy for interference to disrupt the signal, and make it look like you don't have USB attached.

Shank

Staff member
Portables
Don't stress about it. We are all learning and improving. We are happy to have you apart of the community. Good luck on this. I'm looking forward to it's completion!
Agreed. As long as you are genuinely trying and attempting to help yourself before asking for help, (and you clearly are) questions are always encouraged.

I don't know how this was meant to work... But everytime I try to add a picture by use of the picture-button, it doesn't show up. :?:
Nevertheless, I printed out the right "joycon". The color is wrong and I will add much more support and so on. But I wanted to know if the shoulder buttons feel comfortable. (And of course to see something of the designed model in real life :D)

I like it ;)

Stitches

2 and a Half Dollarydoos
Staff member
Portables
I don't know how this was meant to work... But everytime I try to add a picture by use of the picture-button, it doesn't show up. :?:
Nevertheless, I printed out the right "joycon". The color is wrong and I will add much more support and so on. But I wanted to know if the shoulder buttons feel comfortable. (And of course to see something of the designed model in real life :D)

I like it ;)
Very authentic

fibbef

Wizardry V Completer
I don't know how this was meant to work... But everytime I try to add a picture by use of the picture-button, it doesn't show up.
After you upload your picture, you need to select whether you want to add the picture full size or just as a thumbnail. If you don't select either, it won't get added to your post.

That joycon looks really nice. I like how this project is going!