Question Swiss not loading on Gamecube

Hello Bitbuilt! I recently purchased a WASP fusion with swiss autoboot already on it. I tested it by installing it on my wii and it works fine on swiss v0.4. However, on my gamecube it is not working. When I turn the gamecube on, the following happens:

-blue light on wasp appears
-gamecube menu appears
-10 seconds later, "an error has occurred"
-blue light on wasp shuts off

Just to note, when I navigate the menu to disc loading screen, it has a "?" and says "reading disc." How do I get my wasp to boot automatically when the gamecube is turned on?

Things to note:
-the gamecube motherboard is CPU 11
-I manually soldered the wasp fusion using an FFC board
-Pin 29 is connected to ground with a thick wire
-region on wasp is set to NTSC (off, on, on, on)

Stitches

2 and a Half Dollarydoos
Staff member
Portables
For the Gamecube, you MUST have the SD card slot the WASP came with plugged in, and there MUST be an SD card in the slot before you boot the system. Otherwise the Gamecube shits itself and gives a generic error message. Also, try to make sure the FFC cable is in the right spot in the connector. Unless you got super lucky and found a 32 pin one, Imma assume you're making do with a 36 pin like the rest of us without megadrives did, and the WASP won't work unless the FFC is in EXACTLY the right spot.

Thank you for the helpful tips. I tried resoldering the FFC board to the gamecube to ensure continuity, and I do have an SD card slot in the wasp although it has nothing on it. I am also using a 36 pin board and will try repositioning the cable again. I will post pictures soon. Does pin 23 need to be grounded on both sides or do I need the tact switch there? Finally, I don't believe anything is wrong with my wasp because I got it to work on my wii. It has swiss autoboot and therefore I put pin 29 wired to ground.

Stitches

2 and a Half Dollarydoos
Staff member
Portables
Thank you for the helpful tips. I tried resoldering the FFC board to the gamecube to ensure continuity, and I do have an SD card slot in the wasp although it has nothing on it. I am also using a 36 pin board and will try repositioning the cable again. I will post pictures soon. Does pin 23 need to be grounded on both sides or do I need the tact switch there? Finally, I don't believe anything is wrong with my wasp because I got it to work on my wii. It has swiss autoboot and therefore I put pin 29 wired to ground.
Pin 23 is the lid switch, it needs to be connected from the mobo to the correct via on the FFC board, not grounded. You can add a toggle switch between the mobo and FFC to make your own lid switch for games with multiple disks, but the circuit must be CLOSED on boot or it'll have a fit. Tact switches are mostly "normally open" momentary switches. Unless you specifically get a "normally closed" one, they won't work.