Worklog Sule64. At the beginning

Hi all, I am starting my first N64 portable and I have a lot of questions. I have read several worklog threads and I have made others portables before, but N64 system is new for me.

Any help is welcome.

I am spending a lot of time thinking about my solution for the system power, and I have this questions:

- Could I run the portable with only 5v got from a unique 10000mah lipo battery with a powerboost to step up 3.7 to 5v? Cons?
- PTH08080 will work with 5v to get 3.3 in the output?
- Is the N64 very hot when working? Is this dangerous for Lipo cells?

This is the powerbank that I have used in a MVS portable project and I would like to use it in my N64 portable:

Xiaomi 10000mah

I will start posting photos shortly.

thank you

Last edited:

Stitches

2 and a Half Dollarydoos
Staff member
Portables
Small copper or aluminium heatsinks with at least 50% coverage superglued to the N64 chips are enough to keep it cool if you have some airflow. Some raspberry pi heatsinks should be sufficient. Thermally, it's a pretty forgiving system. As for the regs, 5v to 3.3v will work, question is for how long until the voltage drops. How much of the powerbank's life you can use depends entirely on the quality of the powerbank and the boost chip used in it. I can't speak for Xiaomi as a brand, but I do know that genuine Anker powerbanks were kinda the standard back when people used those for Wiis and such.

Small copper or aluminium heatsinks with at least 50% coverage superglued to the N64 chips are enough to keep it cool if you have some airflow. Some raspberry pi heatsinks should be sufficient. Thermally, it's a pretty forgiving system. As for the regs, 5v to 3.3v will work, question is for how long until the voltage drops. How much of the powerbank's life you can use depends entirely on the quality of the powerbank and the boost chip used in it. I can't speak for Xiaomi as a brand, but I do know that genuine Anker powerbanks were kinda the standard back when people used those for Wiis and such.
Thank you. Why you don't use the stock heatsinks?