Stuff you Print ITT

Doom

Modelrater
Estmemed Member
Portables
Always 1/2
A thread for random prints. Not really for project cases and such, just random memes I guess. Post what you want though, I'm not your real Dad.

I printed these Playstation Video Game Holder Bookends for my Vita Collection. 60% size (due to the smaller cases as opposed to PS4) and added in some Navy for color contrast.

bookend0.jpg

First try didn't work so well lol.

bookend1.jpg

For scale

bookend2.jpg

Adding in the Navy

bookend3.jpg

Complete! Not that I'm using them as such lol.

Last edited:

Matthew

Formally known as Chaos
Portables
Not my design but I spent a few weeks printing off this Chess set my brother's birthday.
He and I used to compete in tournaments when we were younger and I thought he would enjoy it.

Both the board and the pieces were printed off.

IMG_1101.JPG

Last edited:

fibbef

Wizardry V Completer
My snowblower requires a small plastic key to be in place to run the motor. Pull out the key and the engine dies. As I was removing the white, fluffy bull crap from my driveway yesterday it occurred to me how miserable I would be if that key ever got lost, so I spent an hour or so drafting up a replacement in Fusion. It's not a 100% perfect replica, but the snowblower apparently couldn't tell the difference.
20190128_163910.jpg

fibbef

Wizardry V Completer
Wanted another small project to practice my 3D modelling. Decided to reshell my GBC GameShark since my original had some plastic chipped off of it.

20190325_104823_002.jpg

This design went through 3 iterations before I was really happy with it. Fits like a glove.

20190325_104754.jpg

I trimmed out some internal space, making the "head" narrower than the original. The body had to be pretty much 1:1 since it has to fit into a Gameboy.

20190325_104709.jpg

I'm too lazy to sand down most of my prints. If this was something like a full-fledged portable, I would put in more effort. Probably.

Edit: Attached .stl files.

Attachments

Last edited:

fibbef

Wizardry V Completer
MORE PRINTS

I found a Pokeball SD card holder on Thingiverse and got really excited to have a cool, somewhat practical desk decoration. Unfortunately, it was severely lacking in its features.

For one, it's kind of bland. But most notably, the two halves don't close together. It's literally just two sphere halves that sit on top of each other. Also, the slots for holding the cards were all too small. I printed at 105% size, but it was still too tight for some of my cards.
thumbnail_IMG_2368.jpg

Weak Pokeball model. Frozone for scale.

I still wanted that cool Pokeball for my desk, so I went ahead and redesigned a better Pokeball.

New Pokeball features black trim (printed separately and glued in place), slightly larger slots that hold my cards nicely (with the exception of one of the micro slots, but I blame the $200 printer, not the model), and a hinge system so the top opens, closes, and actually stays in place.
thumbnail_IMG_2369.jpg

$200 printer also apparently doesn't do well with sphere underbelly.

In case anyone wants to print one of these, I've attached the STL files for the 3 separate colors. The top of the ball is the only piece I printed with supports. If you do print one of these, please share!

(I realized that this would be a really cool nerdy engagement ring holder. Unfortunately, my wife isn't into Pokemon. If anyone is interested, I could modify the design to hold a ring.)

Attachments

Portables
sin^2(x) + cos^2(x) +e^(i*pi)
We should just call this the Fibbef thread tbh

MORE PRINTS

I found a Pokeball SD card holder on Thingiverse and got really excited to have a cool, somewhat practical desk decoration. Unfortunately, it was severely lacking in its features.

For one, it's kind of bland. But most notably, the two halves don't close together. It's literally just two sphere halves that sit on top of each other. Also, the slots for holding the cards were all too small. I printed at 105% size, but it was still too tight for some of my cards.
View attachment 8883
New Pokeball features black trim (printed separately and glued in place), slightly larger slots that hold my cards nicely (with the exception of one of the micro slots, but I blame the $200 printer, not the model), and a hinge system so the top opens, closes, and actually stays in place.
View attachment 8884
$200 printer also apparently doesn't do well with sphere underbelly.
Does that latch work? so like you have to press the button to open actually open it? or is it just open close

fibbef

Wizardry V Completer
Does that latch work?
If only. But I decided I didn't want to engineer that much and then figure out a way to actually get it to print. There's a little notch on the back of the "button" that helps hold the top in place and that's it. I'm pretty pleased with the way the hinge turned out though.

fibbef

Wizardry V Completer
We should just call this the Fibbef thread tbh
At this point, I guess pretty much. ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Got another print of my own design: display cases for Gameboy and Gamegear cartridges. I didn't care for the GB display cases I found on Thingiverse because they tend to lean toward a "stadium seating" design with the labels facing outward. While this is pretty, it seemed to me like it wastes a lot of space. But I needed something better than lining my loose games up in a box or drawer.

20190726_104851.jpg

Came up with a design that is the same size as a standard DVD case, so I can line my games up nicely next to my disc-based games.

20190726_105009.jpg

The GB case holds up to 6 games while GG holds 4. Went with a crosshatch pattern to try to cut down the amount of filament used. In the end, it's still quite a bit, but the payoff of no longer having a messy GB collection is worth it to me. The GG games do stick out on the end by ~6mm, but I can live with that.

The white and colored faceplates are printed out separately. This is so A) I can print the GB/GG name directly onto the faceplate and B) I can pop off the white labels and rearrange them as needed without peeling off the paper label that I stuck on.

@Doom
20190726_150429.jpg

Attachments

Last edited:

TodorSauce

The artist formerly known as Ashen
My car was clearly made to be a Decepticon. So I made it official.

IMG-6275.JPG
IMG-6274.JPG

I also printed an Autobot one for my buddy, who has it on his truck hitch thingamajigger. One of these days there will be an epic droid deathmatch between our two vehicles.

MRKane

2021 3rd Place Winner
Who here is also a fan of Cosmic Horror? H. P. Lovecraft? Doing something inventive for the 12+ hour endurance test on your new 3D printer? This is the result after a few coats of paint. The print could have been better, but I had to move the printer a few times and it threw things around a little. Still, very impressed with the end results. It stands about 150mm tall.

Attachments

Portables
sin^2(x) + cos^2(x) +e^(i*pi)
Who here is also a fan of Cosmic Horror? H. P. Lovecraft? Doing something inventive for the 12+ hour endurance test on your new 3D printer? This is the result after a few coats of paint. The print could have been better, but I had to move the printer a few times and it threw things around a little. Still, very impressed with the end results. It stands about 150mm tall.
Cthulhu fhtagn Cthulhu fhtagn Cthulhu fhtagn

is that with any post processing? are there any noticable print lines? looks really nice

MRKane

2021 3rd Place Winner
Cthulhu fhtagn Cthulhu fhtagn Cthulhu fhtagn

is that with any post processing? are there any noticable print lines? looks really nice
I had to fill in some gaping holes which were caused by me moving the printer during the print, but aside from that I just painted it. There's a couple layers of paint and clearcoat but I've been really surprised with the quality of this knock-off printer actually. It's also pretty large so you don't see issues until your nose is right up against it. It's a really nice model too - available on thingverse :)

Maave

I've been building phone cases in OpenSCAD. Here's a Pixel 3a case printed in safety orange PLA+.

IMG_20200901_200749.jpg

The model uses OpenSCAD's customizer. Punch in measurements, receive phone case.

phone case.png

I have a version with Joycon rails as well. Unfortunately Joycons work like crap on Android. Most emulators don't support 2x Bluetooth input. I only got Dolphin working well and I still have to do a stupid workaround to reduce the lag.

photo_2020-09-11_22-15-46.jpg

Triton

Portables
define complete
I just got a new 3d printer a few days ago and i've been goin all out with it lol. Anycubic Predator delta, 370mm diameter 450mm tall build volume. still playing with stuff but its been pretty great so far. its legit big enough to print my previous printer at 1:1 scale lol. currently using up the 2+ year old spool of monoprice PLA and dialing in settings but i havent had a failed print yet.

photo_2020-09-21_00-50-26.jpg

photo_2020-09-21_00-50-30.jpg
photo_2020-09-21_00-50-36.jpg

and some bigger prints too. the plague doctor mask was printed at 160mm/s for infill and supports and 120mm/s for walls, and 15% gyroid infill. a bit of underextrusion because fast and not hot enough i think. the slicer mas was printed a bit slower with thicker layer height, less infill, and some other tweaked settings. still not perfect but not bad. the plague doctor mask too 7 hours flat and the splicer mask to 5hrs 15 min. so far i love this thing, its SO much better than my mpmd.
photo_2020-09-21_00-43-40.jpg
photo_2020-09-21_00-43-50.jpg
photo_2020-09-21_00-43-13.jpg