Worklog Starting my first Portable Wii (Louii

looking into this, is gingers post on this the most recent full guide? if not please reply with one. also what trim is the best for a louii?

looking into this, is gingers post on this the most recent full guide? if not please reply with one. also what trim is the best for a louii?
sorry for taking awhile to respond. I don't know tbh, I'm Kind of doing it myself, as for the trim that's best for it, I don't know,

Stitches

2 and a Half Dollarydoos
Staff member
Portables
what wire is suggested for this build?
22AWG stranded wire for supplying power and ground to the Wii, 26AWG wire for powering smaller peripheral components like the screen, and 34AWG or 38AWG enamelled magnet wire for data lines and small relocations. For the stranded wire you want at least 2 colours of each gauge, red for positive voltage and black for ground. It's also recommended to have 4 additional colours so you can use one colour for each of the 5 voltages, and reserve black for ground. Having a second colour of magnet wire is also helpful to prevent confusion when doing the USB data lines and other small via connections. You can usually find magnet wire in orangey-red and greenish. It's also recommended to use silicone jacketed stranded wire if you can get it. It's more flexible and doesn't burn/melt or hold a memory as much as PVC jacketed wire.

22AWG stranded wire for supplying power and ground to the Wii, 26AWG wire for powering smaller peripheral components like the screen, and 34AWG or 38AWG enamelled magnet wire for data lines and small relocations. For the stranded wire you want at least 2 colours of each gauge, red for positive voltage and black for ground. It's also recommended to have 4 additional colours so you can use one colour for each of the 5 voltages, and reserve black for ground. Having a second colour of magnet wire is also helpful to prevent confusion when doing the USB data lines and other small via connections. You can usually find magnet wire in orangey-red and greenish. It's also recommended to use silicone jacketed stranded wire if you can get it. It's more flexible and doesn't burn/melt or hold a memory as much as PVC jacketed wire.
Is the 26 awg stranded as well?

Stitches

2 and a Half Dollarydoos
Staff member
Portables
Is the 26 awg stranded as well?
Yes. All wire used to supply power and ground should be stranded. Solid core is only suited to data lines like video/audio/USB/controller/i2c