Ghosts SSWiiT Revitalized

ShockSlayer

the real
Portables
please do not ask!!!! I will NOT respond

Two of these boards are spoken for. The last one is available. They were resuscitated from complete and utter death, which made them pretty cheap to pick up. It did take me over a day to get them 100% working though, so I suppose it did come at a price. But the knowledge I gained was worth it. Next time, I already know everything to do.

I'm in love with the fact that after using the pack, you only need to wire U10(and Bluetooth if that sort of thing turns you on.) Fuckin' wifi module, so last week. @Aurelio is a god, and he is saving all of us so much effort.

Speaking of which, I hate to keep saying "coming soon" in regards to when PortablizeMii is coming out. So I'm going to try to get everything worked out by tonight. Basically what happens is we think we're really close to being done, and then some stupid problem shows up and gets in the way. It is somewhat tiresome to literally test EVERY SINGLE POSSIBLE THING, but I promise you, it is worth the weight.

The moment it's ready, it'll be posted everywhere I can think of.

Aurelio

ᕕ( ᐛ )ᕗ
Staff member
Portables
I'm in love with the fact that after using the pack, you only need to wire U10(and Bluetooth if that sort of thing turns you on.) Fuckin' wifi module, so last week. @Aurelio is a god, and he is saving all of us so much effort..

ShockSlayer

the real
Portables
20160516_213406.jpg

Been testing out a lot of different fans. I like this one the best; although it's a little taller than I like, it performs the best. I'm likely gonna cut another heatsink to take advantage of the extra height.

You can see the lifted MX chip pins that I've been using to test everything in PortablizeMii. Additionally, this is my second LMAO board.

Gman

RTFDS
Staff member
What kind of heatsink is that? It's neat how the fins are at 90 degress bent. Also why have you opted on having the 3rd regulator?

Shank

Staff member
Portables
Impressive. A few questions:

Can you give details on what fans work well and what don't?

I also noticed you are using a fourth 08080 for the 5v line on this build instead of the linear ones. Did the linear regulators not work out to be advantageous?

If a single 08080 has trouble handling the current of both the 1v and 1.15v lines, isn't there another TI regulator that people used on the gamecube that can?

cheese

the tallest memer in town
Staff member
What kind of heatsink is that?
He made it, it's pretty cool.

I also noticed you are using a fourth 08080 for the 5v line on this build instead of the linear ones. Did the linear regulators not work out to be advantageous?
He had said at one point that they didn't have enough juice to power a hdd he had, so I assume he's going overboard with power vs not having enough

ShockSlayer

the real
Portables
Cheese nailed it. It's a heavily modified gamecube heatsink. I'm actually going to be making another one today, currently rigging up an entirely new metalworking setup so it's not as much of a pain in the ass to do a bunch of heatsinks.

The larger 5v reg is for compatibility with the HDD adapter. I haven't really set up to completely test the AMS1117's capability yet. I'm only using two different USB devices, and it's only been tested with my card reader. Off the bat I'd say it most likely works perfectly fine for normal flash drives and other USB devices. It might also work with some additional components, because I'm currently using none.

Using a single PTH08080 reg for the 1v and 1.15v lines hasn't been properly tested yet either. The only thing confirmed is that the Wii will boot to the sysmenu...but that's not enough to say it works. You've gotta test everything, and currently nobody has a setup that can do that in our expected environment except me. Additionally, the math puts it too close for me to comfortably do it for commissions, especially because of the lack of complete and proper documentation on the Wii's power draws.

Yes there is a regulator you could probably use, but it's extra dumb to do that, because not only does that regulator get hot, but there's no advantage to running them both off of the same voltage line in that case other than size, which is negligible considering how the world's smallest Wii can currently comfortably fit 4 regulators, plus the MX chip with room leftover.

ShockSlayer

the real
Portables
One gamecube heatsink can provide:
2x identical, perfect fin bent heatsinks similar to what's shown above(which is a beta version)
4x straight cut heatsinks. Will require additional fin support added for fins, or a top/side mounted fan.

I've got an entirely new metal working setup and some cutting templates made. I'll see about filming some of what I'm doing too. ヽ༼ຈل͜ຈ༽ノ

The OMGWTF Trim seems to be about 3.25 x 3.88in or 82 x 98mm in metric. All by rough estimation... Side track...

LMAO is beautiful wow

Last edited:

ShockSlayer

the real
Portables
( °^°)

Development work for something wonderful.
Eventually you guys will find out what it's for.

Last edited:

bentomo

sands mobos in a single swipe
Wires.... Wires everywhere. It's like anti-mega

ShockSlayer

the real
Portables

ShockSlayer

the real
Portables
( °^°)

Development work for something wonderful.
Eventually you guys will find out what it's for.
after over 9 weeks in development, it works