the real
Portables
please do not ask!!!! I will NOT respond
It works pretty good except for that one time where it blew up my portable

ShockSlayer

the real
Portables

5x 100ohm and 5x 10k resistors. These were all taken from a dead Wii. @JacksonS's efforts within the super thread continue to be a valuable resource.

No promises that it won't all go to shit but I'm closing in on completion.

ShockSlayer

the real
Portables
I'm stretched pretty thin right now. But expect a lot of content to start rolling in soon-ish. I will find out how best to progress today, after I do the HLH video interview. I am hoping that Felix will be there.

ShockSlayer

the real
Portables
Felix was there and I got a personally delivered shoutout. Also semi-confirmed his attendance at MGC.
Now that the important information is out of the way, here's what's going down with the GRAND HIGH MAX PIGY MAN:

I've finished the unit. It's just as good as I thought it would be, and the perfect platform for developing software memes that eventually everyone will get to enjoy. I have documented the process with a bunch of images, because I lack any sort of good recording setup, and work was done sporadically which would've made filming slow everything down. Even pictures did tbh, but if Aurelio doesn't get his daily dose of pig he starts working on non-Wii projects and that's never okay.

I also wrote a bigass script detailing the whole of Wii Portablizing, considering that this portable is pretty representative of the entire BitBuilt process. Unfortunately, when said script is dictated, it's like 38 minutes long, and I have to cut that down to 18 at max for the HLH entry. As much as I want to do the whole 38 minutes in beautiful video format, a lot of what I'm covering has no real visuals to accompany it, and in like, two days I only got like 6 minutes done. Assuming a constant rate, my entry wouldn't be completed in time.

So, here's the plan. I'm sure plenty of you would loved to be soothed by my sensual voice for almost 40 minutes of pleasure, so I'll probably release the audio as a "podcast" or something at some point. Some easy listening for all you folks out there in jazz land, who want to listen to my sax all night long.

In the meantime, I've got like less than a week to condense the script, and put together a video for the unit. So all my effort is gonna be focused on that, then with that out of the way, focused on software/MGC.

It'll be out by April 2nd I guess.

nobble

Great update! Im glad the team was enthused! And I wish you all the best with finishing up the video. This is why I have been pulling all-nighters throughout the month! I still have 1/4 left to edit and my project is still in pieces. Oops..

bud

DAT ASS
Portables
13+-ish Can't remember ;P
All these years later and the madman finally did it. This project is sick. You are not prepared.

ShockSlayer

the real
Portables
HLH entry is completed. I got it in under the wire; literally had to film with 0.1% sleep this morning because I thought the deadline was 9 PM CDT instead of AM. I'm only capable of reading #pigfacts apparently.

Video has to be submitted unlisted, so I'm not sure when it'll be available to the public yet. I will dive into the depths of E14 when I arise from the Odinsleep, and get a handle on the details.

Also I've got some nice pictures too if they won't let me show the memes, but I'd prefer to release everything at once.

ShockSlayer

the real
Portables
"Deadline is extended till 9:00 am CST on Wednesday 4/4/18."

now I officially regret staying up 24+ hours and chugging energy drinks to get this meme done.

On the plus side, I get to polish the video a little more, which is nice.

ShockSlayer

the real
Portables
Video was submitted last night. The polish will make a good bit of difference, I think. When it's live, I will post an announcement here on the forums. Despite being heavily cut down from my original script to fit the 18 minute time limit, I think it came out pretty well, and so far the few people who've seen the previews have reacted positively.

Anyways with the Odinsleep complete, I looked into the contest stuff.

https://www.element14.com/community/docs/DOC-88579/l/act-5-vote-for-your-favorites

Tomorrow they're putting everything out. In order to vote, you'll need an E14 account, and then you have to "like" or "share" the video using their site.

So if you're planning to vote for me or anyone else, then signing up early will make it quicker tomorrow. It asks for your first and last name, but they were cool with just "Shock Slayer" so I wouldn't stress over the details here.

Also I'd ask that if you're going to vote, don't sign up as something blatantly throwaway or tasteless. Even if you know I'd like it, "VOTE4PIG" and "#NeverNobble" are not acceptable usernames. Plus, so far the people over there have been pretty cool and professional, so I don't think they deserve to have to deal with that, since as far as I can tell they're doing all of this stuff by hand.

tl;dr voting and video comes out tomorrow. e14 account will be required, pls be cool

Nold

real emulation, no hardware
Staff member
2021 1st Place Winner
Portables
5 + 1*π
The E14 Website is a total piece of crap..
  1. "Nold" is already taken
  2. Registered, got the email, but can't login
  3. Tried "Reset Password" but it failed with an error message <.< ...
  4. ....using public fake account...
  5. Profit!
I just can't wait to see the SSWiit in action! >.<