Question Speaker replacement that works with U-amp?

Hi! I'm about to finish my parts list. Unfortunately I'm having a hard time with the speakers. I know everyone recommends the SP-1511S-(3-6) found on digikey. But the shipping cost under $100 is too much. So I'm looking for a replacement, maybe 4layer store could sell a couple?

Legend

Portables
Unfortunately the 4-layer store doesn't stock the SP-1511S-3 speakers, and im assuming the shipping costs so much due to the area your living. All I can recommend is searching the part number in google and looking at your other purchasing options for these speakers to see if you can get them shipped to you cheaper.

Hope this helps!

Stitches

2 and a Half Dollarydoos
Staff member
Portables
Hi! I'm about to finish my parts list. Unfortunately I'm having a hard time with the speakers. I know everyone recommends the SP-1511S-(3-6) found on digikey. But the shipping cost under $100 is too much. So I'm looking for a replacement, maybe 4layer store could sell a couple?
You can technically use any speakers with the U-Amp. Those ones are just a nice balance of audio quality and small size. You can use basically any small speaker that you can find. Just be aware that going below 700mw rated power could introduce crackling and peaking. 1w 8ohm is a good place to start.

You can technically use any speakers with the U-Amp. Those ones are just a nice balance of audio quality and small size. You can use basically any small speaker that you can find. Just be aware that going below 700mw rated power could introduce crackling and peaking. 1w 8ohm is a good place to start.
Thanks, I got a couple 1W 8ohm speakers from an old laptop. Would that be safe to use?

Stitches

2 and a Half Dollarydoos
Staff member
Portables
Thanks, I got a couple 1W 8ohm speakers from an old laptop. Would that be safe to use?
Yep. I can't speculate on the audio quality they'll produce, but they'll definitely work.