Worklog Some sort of a G-Wii

Well, I've been lurking on these forums for a couple years now and finally decided I wanted to make something. I have no real experience with working with electronics and soldering, but it will definitely be fun to learn. I started off by trying to find a design/shape I would want my portable to have so it would be comfortable to hold and I came up with this thing using using a box and some clay that would be the same size as the buttons and other components.

wii_port.jpg

After that, I found out that the shape, size, and pretty much everything else matched the G-Wii almost exactly, so I just decided to build one of them. I got all the parts I would need for a G-Wii rev2 and here we are, two years later, finally starting to build the thing. After installing RVLoader, I trimmed and sanded the board. I checked the resistances between the voltage lines and they all seem to be where they should. The thing I'm wondering right now is if I need to trim the board a little more because the board is touching the batteries and if I do need to trim it more, how far can I trim it down?

gwii_board(1).jpg
gwii_board(2).jpg
gwii_board(3).jpg

Stitches

2 and a Half Dollarydoos
Staff member
Portables
You can sand up to here on the top side
1660276096403.png

Sand past the highest point of that thick line and you'll hit the NAND traces, which will neck the trim and require very annoying magnet wire relocation. Bottom side is already basically touching the tantalum cap, so I wouldn't sand the bottom side any more

would it be bad if I sanded into what I think is the tantalum cap?
gwii_tant-cap.jpg

do I need to remove these?
gwii_board(3)_markup.jpg