Solved (SOLVED) Wii Does not want to power on?

Hello guys i just got this wii and i have not done any modifications yet, i tried to boot it up and nothing. I just dismantle the wii and nothing else I've tried using a other powersupply and everything and nothing can you guys help me?
Heres pics of the motherboard

Portables
sin^2(x) + cos^2(x) +e^(i*pi)
did the seller confirm that the wii was working before you bought it?

It wasn't bought had it for while connected to my tv but i do remember one time it did fell and the fan broke but i got that repaired. weird? So i guess it's dead? ... Also i havent made any modifications yet just dismantle.

EDIT: Maybe its the power circuit that has broken if can somehow provide the required voltage to each of the components, maybe it can power and i can install the cios, and PortablizeMii then i can proceed with trimming

Last edited:
Yea i hacked my wii Around 2016 i think, i was making gamecube backups for my wii u for nintendont

Last edited:

Madmorda

Painting Queen
Portables
Make sure that your Wi-Fi and Bluetooth chips are plugged in properly :)

Yep thats the first thing i checked and nothing, doesnt even light up the red led in the front anymore

Shank

Staff member
Portables
What's the behavior when you plug it in? Does the light turn red? Does it flash red then turn off? No light at all? When you press the power button what happens? Red light? Red light flashes then turns off? Green light? More information is helpful

Oh sorry, ok when i plug in my wii i get no response like no light, when pressing the power button it doesnt power on, ive tried this with different powersupplys even a pc one. Nothing, i do have a multimeter do u want me to read any of the voltage around the votage regulators.

Shank

Staff member
Portables
Heres a guess. This component labeled F2 by the power jack is a fuse. Check continuity across it. If it is not continuous, then the fuse is blown and needs to be replaced.
Screen Shot 2018-10-16 at 5.55.45 PM.png

THANK YOU the fuse was blown the whole time thank you, just checked thank you to everyone that helped me
Question: where do i find this kind of fuse? Can you give me a link for this to buy, or can i just remove the fuse and just bridge the two contacts.

Thank you, but i think i have found a link to buy one, also will any 6.3a f2 type of fuse will work. I'll contact you if i can't buy the one from the link.

Nope never found a fuse but since i just wanted to power on the wii for an hour to just install portablizemii, so i just soldered the two pads, and it powered on. But be careful because if you apply more than 12v then the power circuit on the wii will fry.