Solved: PCM issue

So I picked up two pcms from battery space rated for 6a on a 2 cell system (http://www.batteryspace.com/pcbfor74vli-ionbatterypack8alimitwithfuelguagesocket.aspx). I shouldn't be getting that high of amperage through my gamecube but for some reason I can only get about 2 seconds before the circuit kicks in and produces 0V. I can just start the circuit back to life but it will do the same thing. My question to everyone is why is this happening. I have some others on the way but wondering if anyone else has the same issues.

cheese

the tallest memer in town
Staff member
Measure the input and output voltage on the board to make sure the batteries aren't going too low

bentomo

sands mobos in a single swipe
What cells do you have? I doubt it's the issue but sometimes those have current limits too. Otherwise it sounds like some kind of short somewhere or failing component. What's your power set up look like?

Thanks guys for steering me towards the answer. I completely forgot about the c rating on batteries and the voltage drop. These batteries came with an unfinished portable that I stripped for parts and they aren't marked. Either they are old or have a 1c rating because I had them charged at 8V and it droped past 6.7 before it turned off. I'll get some new cells to see if that works.

Thanks again guys