SNES/SNESJR Trimming?

Rather than buying a SupaBoy, I figured I'd make my own SNES portable, to learn the basics of trimming and CAD without worrying about the extreme complexity of later systems, and I feel the SNES fits right in the area of simple to understand yet fun to play. And here I hit a fork in the road - I can trim a standard SNES, or an SNESJR. The SNES is easier to find yet bulkier, and the SNESJR is smaller and is said to provide superior AV output but is much harder to find and is more expensive. Is there any real difference when the trimming begins?

P.S. - I've also heard of SNES-on-a-chips. Given the extra parts needed to output video, accept cartridges, and the questionable performance of this, is it worth considering?

Thanks!

Put it under beginner because I am a noob and haven't even done my first trim yet. It might fit better under the "other" category in hindsight, so I'll leave it up to any Jannies that pass by this thread.

YveltalGriffin

First Wii U Trimmer
Portables
IMO, SNES Jr. is the only way to go. It's an easy way to guarantee you get a 1Chip motherboard, and it's the most compact motherboard revision. They pop up on eBay regularly for about 70 USD, but in my experience you have to search for just "SNES", not "SNS-101" or "SNES Jr". The rule of thumb is, if the seller knows they have a SNES Jr, it'll be overpriced, but if it's listed as just a SNES, it'll be cheaper.