Question Snes controller on ds lite

Linx87

Has anyone on this forum made a snes controller that plugs into the gba slot via the gba slot dust cover? I saw a mod on an other forum where someone did this by wiring the control pinouts to the gba slot. If I did this, would I still be able to use the ds lite without the controller plugged in?

I am not entirely sure what you are trying to do. But when you are in a ds game, it doesnt matter if anything is in the gba slot.

I wouldnt wire directly to the gba slot. I would wire to a connector. That way, you could disconnect it while you are not using it.

But why would you wire a snes controller to a ds lite?

Ok. Here is what I would do. I would buy an old cheap gba game that nobody wants. I would then wire to the inside of the gba game so you can remove the snes controller when yoy are not using it. Then you wouldnt have to wire directly to the motherboard.

Linx87

Ok. Here is what I would do. I would buy an old cheap gba game that nobody wants. I would then wire to the inside of the gba game so you can remove the snes controller when yoy are not using it. Then you wouldnt have to wire directly to the motherboard.
I'm not wiring the controller to the ds lite mother board, I'm wiring it to the DS Lite GBA/Slot 2 dust cover which has a board inside. in the guide it worked by wiring the DS Lite control pinout to the gba connector (Is that the right terminology?) so when you plug in your modified controller it connects the snes controls to the DS Lite

-merge-

From http://iheartsnes.blogspot.com/2008/11/snes-controller-on-ds-lite-mod.html
The plan was to wire the SNES controller to the GBA Dust cover, and hard-wire the DS mobo points to the GBA slot so I can unplug the SNES controller if I want.

-merge-

I was wondering: if i did this mod, would I still be able to use the DS Lite like normal when I'm not using the controller?

Last edited by a moderator:

Linx87

that's weird, I got an email saying cheese replied to this post but, I cant find the reply anywhere! it's not in my notifications or on the post!

cheese

the tallest memer in town
Staff member
that's weird, I got an email saying cheese replied to this post but, I cant find the reply anywhere! it's not in my notifications or on the post!
I did but I deleted it, masternate said everything I did but way before I saw it

Hey Linx87. I know you didn't do it on purpose, but you double posted a bunch of times. We sort of have a rule against it. Just try to remember to use the edit button when you want to post something extra to what you just posted. It really helps to clear up the threads and make it so people don't have to read through a million posts when they don't have to.

Stitches

2 and a Half Dollarydoos
Staff member
Portables
I'm not wiring the controller to the ds lite mother board, I'm wiring it to the DS Lite GBA/Slot 2 dust cover which has a board inside. in the guide it worked by wiring the DS Lite control pinout to the gba connector (Is that the right terminology?) so when you plug in your modified controller it connects the snes controls to the DS Lite

-merge-

From http://iheartsnes.blogspot.com/2008/11/snes-controller-on-ds-lite-mod.html
The plan was to wire the SNES controller to the GBA Dust cover, and hard-wire the DS mobo points to the GBA slot so I can unplug the SNES controller if I want.

-merge-

I was wondering: if i did this mod, would I still be able to use the DS Lite like normal when I'm not using the controller?
The soldering in those pictures disgusts me, but it's an interesting concept. Just don't do what that guy did and put solder on the cartridge pins. Use a knife to carefully scrape the mask off the traces above the pins and solder to that. It'll make the wiring flimsy, but at least it won't destroy your cartridge slot.