Smokii Gray Translucent Ashida

Hey y'all,

Finally getting around to posting this portable here... It was pretty much finished a few months ago but today I finally fixed the headphone switching with the WiiHUD via > HPS on the uamp. So thats all good now! Yes!

I am pleased with how this portable turned out. It was my first full paint job so i definitely learned a lot along the way with that.

This portable includes the full works: BT and MX relocations, RVL-DirectDrive board with Eyoyo IPS screen, all the usual 4layer kit.

Its was a blast albeit sometimes frustrating getting the DD working with i2c properly. I ended up having to run shielded wires on headers for SDA and SCL to get all the functions working. Wow, lots of learning though. Its all fully functional now... Yahoo...

IMG_0526.JPG

IMG_0517.JPG
IMG_0498.JPG

IMG_0512.JPG
IMG_0515.JPG

IMG_0492.JPG
IMG_0491.JPG
IMG_0489.JPG
IMG_0437.JPG
IMG_0431.JPG
IMG_0443.JPG

Thanks a ton to @YveltalGriffin and @Gman for helping out with little troubleshooting things along the way. @Aurelio thanks for the DD and all the hard work mate...

Thanks for checking out my post y'all. I actually finished my third ashida today as well but thats for another post... (had to do headers for that one too)

UPDATE: There is a chance that I will be unbuttoning this bad boy to swap in the BuyDisplay IPS from 4layer. The viewing angles are just better than the eyoyo and it actually really makes a big difference in a portable application. Also might be swapping in some custom sparkly resin cast gcc buttons in the next few weeks too. Ill re post if thats the case :)

CHEERS!

Attachments