Question Simple, inexpensive way to build a portable wii?

Blabby

Hi all, i'm new here & was wondering how I could build an untrimmed (still handheld) semi-portable wii that plugs into the wall for power? What components would I need, and what can I leave out/substitute? Would something like this even be possible as a handheld? Thanks!

CrazyGadget

Crazy Helpful, CrazyGadget
Portables
???
Welcome!

If you're pretty much going for no trim / stock regs / unmodified board, the "portable" is still going to be pretty big, probably not something you're going to want to hold in your hands. I can't find the pic of it right now, but I have seen portables like this where someone took the disc drive out of a Wii and frankencased in a screen, controller and speakers. You could go that route. To me though, it sounds like you really just want a Wii with a screen, and luckily, those exist!

If that's not much the case, we can absolutely brainstorm some ideas and see if anything sticks

Blabby

Welcome!

If you're pretty much going for no trim / stock regs / unmodified board, the "portable" is still going to be pretty big, probably not something you're going to want to hold in your hands. I can't find the pic of it right now, but I have seen portables like this where someone took the disc drive out of a Wii and frankencased in a screen, controller and speakers. You could go that route. To me though, it sounds like you really just want a Wii with a screen, and luckily, those exist!

If that's not much the case, we can absolutely brainstorm some ideas and see if anything sticks
Yeah, not too sure about that lol. It does seem like trimming the board would be my best option, although I'm not so sure I trust myself to handle a high-rpm rotary death machine to cut through a fourty dollar PCB.

Wii's aren't too expensive on eBay. If you break it, you can always get another.
I can admit that I completely messed up on my first motherboard.

But it's all a learning process. Don't be too disheartened.