ShockSlayer's BIG ASS Wii Trimming and Rewiring Service

Status
Not open for further replies.

ShockSlayer

the real
Portables
please do not ask!!!! I will NOT respond
[h]ShockSlayer's BIGASS Wii Trimming and Rewiring Service[/h]

Thanks to @cheese, I've got a surplus of 4-layer motherboards, so I'm making them available to be commissioned from me for relatively cheap prices.​

You're gonna get some of the best work in the business, and you should feel confident that you're getting what you pay for.

Basically the way this works is you figure out what you wanna get from me, and then send me a PM on the forums and we can work out the details.
If you've got any questions, concerns, or requests, feel free to ask.

My intention is to make this service as flexible as possible, as every Wii serves a different purpose. It's also been designed to be simple as possible, especially if you just wanna get a board to get your hands dirty and get into portablizing.

Payment/Shipping Policies:

I currently only accept Paypal.
Shipping in the US is going to be cheap; about $7 for a small flat-rate box. If you live or require shipping outside of the US, please let me know up front so that I can calculate shipping costs for you before you order.

Trims:
Base OMGWTF trim - $85
Base LMAOv2 trim - $135

Additional services:
+ Custom regulators - $35
+ Heatsink setup - $20
+ Wifi - $15
+ MX Chip - $10
+ Controller ports 2-4 - $15
+ Component on AV port - $5
+ USB regulator upgrade - $10

+ "BBVideo" - (future service coming soon!)
+ "AmpRelio" - (future service coming soon!)
+ "AurReglio" - (future service coming soon!)

ALL RELOCATIONS CAN BE LEFT AS LABELED WIRES IF REQUESTED

Base OMGWTF trim:
This is your basic Wii motherboard trim, as seen in the Definitive Wii Trimming Guide.
It comes with:
  • 4-layer Wii motherboard OMGWTF trimmed
  • Pre-installed PortablizeMii w/ NoWifi IOSes
  • U10 relocation
  • Onboard Reset button
  • Bluetooth relocation + onboard sync button
  • Single USB port *comes with AMS1117 5v regulator(supports USB flash drives but not HDDs)
  • P1 Controller port
  • AV port (composite + L/R audio only)

Base LMAOv2 trim:
This includes everything from the OMGWTF trim, but with additional NAND and 1.8v regulator relocations, so that the board can be trimmed a lot smaller.
For those curious as to what the difference is between the original LMAO and the LMAOv2, REFERENCE IMAGE COMING SOON
The NAND board allows a more complete relocation, allowing the trim to be slightly smaller.

Custom regulators:
These are 3x PTH08080 regulators for the 1v, 1.15v, and 3.3v lines. The components will be connected in the most compact way available. Input power and GND lines will be labeled.
You can request to have these wired directly to the motherboard or unwired so that you can fit them wherever you need to in your portable.

Heatsink setup:
This is a SUNON fan and stick-on copper heatsink applied to the board, with some kapton tape forming a duct for airflow.
It's relatively simple and small, and also comes with it's own AMS1117 regulator.

Wifi:
A small breakout board with a Wifi module plug will be soldered onto the Wii, and a module with antennas will be included in the package. Wifi IOSes will be also be reinstalled to the board.

MX Chip:
Standard MX chip relocation. Battery will be properly connected, I will probably order some fresh batteries and slots as well.

Controller ports 2-4:
Each Wii will come with a single GC controller port wired to P1, but I can wire a full set of controller ports if it suits your needs.

Component on AV port:
Each Wii will come with a standard A/V port with composite video and audio connected to it for testing. If desired, I can connect component video to this plug or on wires if requested.

USB regulator upgrade:
Each Wii will come with a single USB port with an AMS1117 attached for the 5v line. At about 1A, this is suitable for most all flash drives, but will not support powering a USB HDD. The upgrade will replace this with a PTH08080, allowing up to 2.25A on the 5v line.

1. download a new pack with whatever settings you want (make sure wifi/nowifi)
2. copy everything to USB
3. boot up the wii holding reset, and boot into the system menu
4. sync your wiimote, and also configure any settings like resolution, internet settings, etc. (you'll need another wii turned on to use it's sensor bar, or two candles)
5. reboot the wii and go to the wiiware screen in postLoader
6. press start and copy sysconf from sysnand to emunand
7. done

This thread is a work in progress. ( °v°)
New services will be added as they become available, and prices/services may be adjusted accordingly depending on how things go.

Last edited:
AAAA I Want T.T wish I had the extra cash

Great, I just got my Wii so I basically have to trim it myself now, or can I just send my Wii to you? Will that lower the price?

ShockSlayer

the real
Portables
Nope. I already have a ton of Wii's prepped for this service.

Nope. I already have a ton of Wii's prepped for this service.
Nice, I just don't feel comfortable trimming my Wii because I'm afraid of damaging the components.

LMAO for 100$ you could get an OMGWTF trimmed board with controller ports 2-4 shipped.
God dang it! All of that sounds so good:( well minus will start trimming.

ShockSlayer

the real
Portables
Yeah. I'd have to order more, but hit me up if that's what you want.

ShockSlayer

the real
Portables
As the first post implied, $35 + shipping, so the final price depends on where you live. If you're US based, it'd be $42.

Shank

Staff member
Portables

ShockSlayer

the real
Portables
Service is temporarily closed. Any commissions that've already been paid for are in progress and will be completed shortly.

Thanks to everyone who ordered something.

Status
Not open for further replies.