Send Halp Plox

So I'm working on my screen currently. I used a multimeter to verify that the board was receiving 12v power, and it is. The screen functions when plugged in, but I need to find a way to power this bad boy on something around 5v or less.

Unfortunately I can't get a clear image of the screen's PCB. What are my options? Can I replace the PCB with something powered off of 5v?

Attachments

Shank

Staff member
Portables
I can't tell based off of the pictures, but I think that pcb is one that can be modified to run on lower voltages by cutting a pin or 2. @Gman told me which pins to cut but I don't have the diagram anymore.

Gman

RTFDS
Staff member
Most backup monitors on ebay can be powered from a large input voltage range of like 5v-15v. Try to see if the screen will turn on without any modifications at 5v. If it does not, show us clear pictures of the motherboard and we may be able to come up with a modification.

Gman

RTFDS
Staff member
This is still just trashy quality, but maybe this helps? (edit: I'll try powering it off of different voltage ranges)
That picture is too blurry to be of any help really. I would try powering it from 5v first before asking for help on a modification to do so..

It works off of a 5.34V supply, and it flickers on/off with 4.67v supply. I only have arrays of AA batteries to test with right now. If I can find more near-dead ones, I can test closer to a 5V supply.

5V works~ :D thx cheese. I probably would have thought of that eventually..... but I'm a lil slow sometimes.