SCREENS DATABASE

ScrambledFrequency

Custom title wanter
Portables
In portabilizing, one key part always differs from build to build: the screen!
However, many talented modders(e.g. GingerOfOz with his WiiBoy color) have built portables with small and exquisite screens.
If you have used a screen in a previous build or have found one that you think is a particularly good find, post it here, according to this form:
Screen Diagonal: (e.g. 3.5")
Link: Amazon, eBay, or other site link
Notes: Anything cool you want to say about it!

Portables
I like this thread it'll be handy, so to throw my 2¢ into the mix I used the following screens or have kept the to the side for future project review.

Buydisplay.com was a good source of many sizes, some IPS but more TN also carries 5" 800*480 lcds

These screens I've used so I know they are great,

5" LCD non IPS 640*480
ZJ050NA-08C
LCD drivers vary so most will be VGA and composite, interlaced VGA @15kz will depend on the LCD driver board. 5v modifiable

4.3" 800*480 16:9 from buydisplay
ER-TFTV043-7
Display board can come in HDMI only or HDMI,VGA, composite. VGA will lack interlaced support, 3.3v modifiable when I got it, should take 5v at DC jack

7" I used Wesk's recommendation for the sunfounder IPS with the VGA HDMI board, works awesome would need tweaks for power conversion but will run off 5v

To test still would be

7" 800*600 non ips
CLAA070MA0ACW
Drivers vary from HDMI VGA composite to just VGA composite

8" 1024*768 IPS (on order waiting to play with)
HE080IA-01D
This LCD was cheaper and had more input options (HDMI VGA (no 15k) composite) than the 8" HDMI only pimoroni LCD at the same resolution

ScrambledFrequency

Custom title wanter
Portables
These screens sound awesome!
Please edit your post to include links if you can.

Stitches

2 and a Half Dollarydoos
Staff member
Portables
Problem with links is listings tend to shift and close and move around, so the links would constantly need updating. The part numbers for the panels + boards don't change, so as long as those are recorded here, it isn't hard to find a new listing.

ScrambledFrequency

Custom title wanter
Portables
Ah, good point! Links still would be nice alongside part #s.