Question Screen Powering from AV pinouts

Hello again everyone!
I've been doing more research, and I want to know if this is possible to do for many different projects.
I'm posting this in the GameCube thread because my current project is a GC portable, and I don't know if this applies to other consoles.

According to a GC analog video pinout diagram, the GC analog video port outputs 5v, probably for a SCART connection. It's probably a stupid assumption, can I just use the 5v connection on the GC AV port to power the entire screen? Or is it recommended to just run it off of the mains power input on the GC board?

Thanks!

Stitches

2 and a Half Dollarydoos
Staff member
Portables
Hello again everyone!
I've been doing more research, and I want to know if this is possible to do for many different projects.
I'm posting this in the GameCube thread because my current project is a GC portable, and I don't know if this applies to other consoles.

According to a GC analog video pinout diagram, the GC analog video port outputs 5v, probably for a SCART connection. It's probably a stupid assumption, can I just use the 5v connection on the GC AV port to power the entire screen? Or is it recommended to just run it off of the mains power input on the GC board?

Thanks!
The best way is to run the screen straight from the 5v or 12v pins on the GC regulator board. It's how I always did it.

Portables
Wii Laptop V2.0, GameCube SPITE
Hello again everyone!

Thanks!
I've got my screen running off the 5v from the av pin (the one next to the video out) and it works fine. Someone here mentioned that he had an issue with the screen powering off when the batteries got a little low because it wasn't quite pushing 5v from the battery, but that would probably happen regardless if which 5v pin you used I'm using a 12v power supply so I haven't had that issue yet.