Question Screen not working

Hi all,

Hoping someone can take a look at these pictures and tell me where my missing wire is :)

I can plug my board into N64 power cables and N64 AV cables and it works fine. However, when I solder a wire from the composite plugin on the underside of the board into this screen here:

https://www.buydisplay.com/default/...y-module-in-480x272-vga-video-av-driver-board

and supply power to the screen, I get no picture .. just a blue screen

Im using 16 or 20g wire in these shots (cant remember which)

below are shots of my setup

Attachments

Stitches

2 and a Half Dollarydoos
Staff member
Portables
It may also be in the wrong input source, a lot of these screens have two AV lines and half the time they arrive set to AV2.. Have you tried changing it via the controls?

Unfortunately, I tried both of these to no avail.

The gauge of wire shouldnt matter for the composite cable right? Ive got 20g wire connecting the battery to power the screen... Is this an issue considering the screen turns on and I can change input source?

fibbef

Wizardry V Completer
20 gauge should be sufficient for power and composite. Is the composite soldered to your screen board? It kind of looks like it’s just jammed into the connector. Check continuity from the composite pin on the N64 to the input on your screen board (not on the connector, but on the board itself).
Do the same with your ground from 64 to screen board.