1. We've officially relaunched the store! Check it out by clicking "Store" at the top of the page!
    Dismiss Notice

Screen help

Discussion in 'Spam Central' started by Harry, May 20, 2018.

1. Harry .

IMG_6228.JPG I found this little picture monitor at my local thrift store and was wondering if it was possible somehow to hook up an AV connection to it, I have scoured the internet looking at chips but I have been able to find nothing and was hoping someone with more experience might be able to find something. Also (if a connection point is found) I was also wondering if there was a way to power it off of 5v instead of its normal 9

Attached Files:

2. Stitches 2 and a Half Dollarydoos Staff Member . .

Portables:
    I think what you've bought there is an Android based digital sign/picture frame. The url on the back leads to a company who makes digital signs, and I've seen those boards with a microSD slot before. Afaik these don't have AV inputs, they're designed to display pictures and videos from the microSD card only.

3. YveltalGriffin .

Stitches is totally right. I did some searching and the AM7331 is a digital picture frame SOC. The SOC contains a CPU, LCD driver, and some other interesting modules. Here's a PDF with a pinout of the AM7331 if you're interested. As the pinout shows, this IC was specifically made to read in data from the SD card and drive the panel.

I looked up the LCD panel itself and it uses a non-standard 60-pin connector with a non-standard pinout, and requires gamma correction voltages. Believe it or not though, NJYTouch (great company) makes a driver board for it! Here's the driver board on Aliexpress. I think this driver board is running a custom firmware because your screen is 800x600 and the vanilla KYV-N2 V2 is for 640x480 screens. Point is, you might be able to use the LCD if you bought a new driver board.

Sorry for the essay, but I really like TFTs. Hope this helps.

Notjohnny, BocuD, Shank and 2 others like this.