Question Saving Files (scrapes, cfg, etc) to SSD

Hey Guys and Girls,

I have a raspberry 4 that I've been using in a cabinet for a bit, and now I want to move it to a portable. Everything is going well so far, but it keeps running out of space. I have a 64gb card to boot from and a 5tb SSD that I have my roms/etc mounted on. The problem is, the Pi still wants to save everything to the SD card and believes that it is full. Ive gone into the Advanced Settings menu and 'expanded the root partition' of the SD card, but run into the same issues. I need some type of setting or command that will make sure my Pi saves everything (not just roms and savefiles etc) to the SSD. Is there a way to do this?

(PS. Im at work now so I will add images and specifications later today)

EDIT: So, I've realized that this is more a retropie/emulationstation question than one suited for this forum, but, as I'm close to an answer, I'll post it here anyway when I figure it out.

Last edited:
Second question:

I've seen very little documentation about wiring up joycon sticks to be used as analogs in portable projects. I have.... a great deal... laying around. Any information on that would be appreciated too.

A_s6

Portables
i don’t give a hee ho
Second question:

I've seen very little documentation about wiring up joycon sticks to be used as analogs in portable projects. I have.... a great deal... laying around. Any information on that would be appreciated too.
the Bitbuilt store has joycon stick breakout pcbs. you won’t be able to make connections or solder wires to joycon sticks without these pcbs. then you can use a teensy/arduino pro micro or clones of either for analog input, as the pi’s gpio doesn’t have analog.

this video should give you a good idea of what to do:

the Bitbuilt store has joycon stick breakout pcbs. you won’t be able to make connections or solder wires to joycon sticks without these pcbs. then you can use a teensy/arduino pro micro or clones of either for analog input, as the pi’s gpio doesn’t have analog.

this video should give you a good idea of what to do:
That explains why I couldnt find the information that i was looking for, I was searching for the wrong thing. This will do it for me, I think. Thanks!

Back again. I'm still in the planning stage, so:

I'm considering going a different route with the controller now. I've got a knock-off wired Switch controller that I've been using with my Pi for a while now and I like it. Turns out its absurdly easy to disassemble as well. Its got big juicy buttons and the Pi already works with it, plus there's all the functionality it has built in. I want to incorporate it into my portable and I'm wondering if the board can be cut in half in some way as I want the buttons on either side of the screen. Can it be rewired somehow? I'd appreciate any ideas. Also, how would I go about trying to find a 'path' to cut it if I decide to? How do you know what you can get rid of and what you cant?

Looks like it has a bunch of important stuff on the bottom of the board....

Pics Below.
faceplate.jpg
20200916_204338.jpg
Top.jpg
rear.jpg
20200916_205128.jpg
20200916_205417.jpg

Attachments